Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is my first attempt. I did the right side but due to the LED strips being a little fragile I installed the left side only to find they were intermittent. Bugger. So I have ordered a replacement strip and fingers crossed they will work. This picture was in the sun so you should get some idea. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Here is the strip I used. They come in a variety of lengths are wired from both ends and are cuttable on the points marked. The beauty of these is that they are 2mm x 5mm and they shine out the side, the narrow part so could fit in the door rubbers etc. £13 60cm fleebay.

They have 3M adhesive on the back but they need extra glue (glue stick or epoxy works) pig to remove though when they dont work!!!!

I'll update this with a "How to" when I get them both running. LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
looks brill...how have you got power to lights?are they on all the time or when u brake?sorry for silly question..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I was going to do a full report when I had them both working. I overdid the bending to get the best effect and one split the wiring track, so that had to come out and I am waiting for the replacement. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
The lights are connected with the side lights, so are on with the side lights. The LED strip is run up the edge of the lense and stuck to the black molding. I put bullet connectors on the original light fitting so that the whole light unit can be removed. The wire gauge could be thinner but I kept it similar to the cars wiring so that the scotch-lock connectors made a good connection. (They connect to the wires by pushing a U shape metal bar over thewire. This pushes through the insulation and connects to the wire inside)I soldered additional wires on to the led tails and put a strain clamp (spot of glue) so they stayed in place. The pictures should be self explanatory if not ask.
This is your starter pack

FleeBay seller http://shop.ebay.co.uk/matt123t/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562
Remove two 10mm bolts from light unit lift up ^ gently from base. The unit is held by plastic poppers to rear and front.
Crimp the tails on and connect to the rear light Green -ve male connector Red +ve female connector with scotch-locks. Dont forget the bullets are the other way round on the LED end. They are done this way so that live bare ends don’t touch metalwork and short out

Run the LED's round the edge of the light fitting sticking backing to black molding, note that the LED's shine out from the handle side of the scissors.

Secure the strip with hot melt or epoxy glue, use tape to hold in place, the adhesive backing pulls off if no additional glue is used. Dont bend the strip too much or it breaks the wires inside as I found out for you!

This one I epoxied, the tape holds it while it hardens.

Connect and test, hopefully they work.

Result discreet lights

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Very well done!! How long did this take you?
And will you be at the gaydon meet to do this FOR us hehehe :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks great. I already have some White LED strips so may try with them as presume they'd look red through the plastic anyway... thanks for the write up

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Nice write up and looks good

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tim84 said:
Looks great. I already have some White LED strips so may try with them as presume they'd look red through the plastic anyway... thanks for the write up
Tim
If they are of the 5mm size there will not be any room, they need to be the very thin ones.
Good luck

·
Registered
144 Posts
philthunder said:
Tim84 said:
Tim
If they are of the 5mm size there will not be any room, they need to be the very thin ones.
Good luck
They are indeed the super thin jobbies, exactly the same as yours but white in colour, so should do the trick... I'll see if I have time this weekend :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tim84 said:
philthunder said:
Tim84 said:
Tim

Good luck
They are indeed the super thin jobbies, exactly the same as yours but white in colour, so should do the trick... I'll see if I have time this weekend :)
Have fun, I bent the ends round the top point and bottom, that was the undoing of them, keep the bends gentle. Im waiting for my white ones. Have you not tried them for Halo Angel eyes? Thats what I ordered mine for. Im still trying to find a use for the three I cut off. (practical suggestions only please you lot!)Edited by: philthunder

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Fitted some tonight. One side wasn't sitting right so tried to adjust and I broke it, they really are fragile.But really pleased on how they look
Great Guide!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<AVGLS id=avgls></AVGLS><AVGLS id=avgls></AVGLS>Rocks
Nice job, sod there are so fragile though. Together we can fix all the wants on the Juke, what next?I was thinking of similar lights round the front lights, for that Halo look. Though on reading about DRL's am going off the idea. Have done the interior light though will post a "How To"soon.
Withoutwax Im in Stoke often, want them fitted?Edited by: philthunder

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I've been speaking to injen europe today about the CAI they do, so that might be night.I'm liking the idea of the of the front lights LEDs, like Lady Jukes or built on the grill??

1 - 20 of 53 Posts