Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have enjoyed my brief relationship with my Juke..but its time for him to go

Lovely car, nippy, not 'bad' mpg......but.....I just cant live with it, dont get me wrong, there is nothing

wrong with the car, and I am not dissing the Juke in anyway, but its just not me, I bought the Juke

because I thought it was the sensible thing to do, cheap mileage, cheap tax, cheap insurance.... but

usually I either have fast cars or big cars... and that is where I am heading back again.

Sadly the lesson for me is follow my heart not my head, the money I was saving buying the Juke (on tax, insurance and petrol)I have well and truly lost on its resale value lol

NISSAN OFFERED ME 12.5K!!!!!! and tried to make out they were doing me a favour!
we buyany car offered 13.6
but I have finally accepted 14250 trade in off another Dealer

Pick up me new (not brand new though) car hopefully on Friday

P

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Sad to see you go, Boxindad.
I'm the opposite to you. I followed my heart rather than my head in buying the Juke.
Though you may think a Dig-t is cheap on tax and insurance, this mere mortal would beg to differ.

Let us know what you get as a replacement.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What did you buy / what did you have?My car route to the Juke was Impreza WRX STI, Toyota Supra (3l Twin Turbo), Focus ST and finally the Juke that arrived a couple of days ago.It is 'fun' to drive, but doesn't even remotely compare. The turbo is harsh (nothing nothing .. there it is ... oh and it has run out of steam), the ride is okay and cornering is a faith thing and is skittish to say the least.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just re-read that, it isn't meant to be negative. I knew what I was doing when I bought the car, just being realistic for anyone who thinks the Juke is 'sporty'.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Afternoon Jukies

typical, the day i am getting rid of the Juke i pass another going opposite way and they gave me a little wave!!

first in three months, i felt very much like a betraying turn coat knowing i was drving my Juke for the last time

picked up my new car, 2.7HSE Range Rover Sport. LOVE IT!!!!

Feels MASSIVE
did a big trip to Shropshire yesterday (350 miles return ) and was getting 35mpg so not bad (got between 36 - 42.. normally around 38.7 at 62mph in Juke)

i too came from the subaru WR1, Evo 9 background, not going to be negative, the Juke is lovely, quirky, fun, packed with Gizmos (Tekna) and an easy drive, not bad on fuel or tax or insurance (170 per year for me).... BUT
it was just not me, never felt that happy, and i was trying to be more sensible buying it (compared to subaru WR1 19mpg 800 insurane)

so there you go, hope you loyal jukies continue to love them

word of warning though, dont know whether it was typical car stealer bullXXXX or not but i was offered very poor money for my Juke with explanation of them ''not being a good resale at min due to all the returns and complaints over mpg etc''!!!!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
BoxindadWhatever decision you make is going to be a hard one... I know only too well the pangs of regret when I got shot of my wee Jukey....All the very best to you and thanks for your contributions to the forumGood luck and happy driving!!!!Fee xxxx

·
Registered
106 Posts
BoxinDad said:
Afternoon Jukies

word of warning though, dont know whether it was typical car stealer bullXXXX or not but i was offered very poor money for my Juke with explanation of them ''not being a good resale at min due to all the returns and complaints over mpg etc''!!!!!
Sounds like absolute ballcocks to me...They are just trying it on to maximise profitI've found the line 'Oh well in that case I'll keep it' to be very effective in negotiations when they start coming out with 'unpopular colour, wrong trim, wrong engine. I'll do you a favour, here's £500' etc. before now.Another good one is to hit several dealers and play them one off against another. Not easy to do if you have limited time or see the ONE car you MUST have though. Chris
Edited by: clb1970

1 - 9 of 9 Posts