Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had a redundant car for almost a year, when I drove it a few weeks ago, water was sloshing around inside. I took it to the garage as the exhaust had snapped on the same journey. Mechanic said he took 4 litres of water from the car but my back seats, rear passenger footwell and front passenger footwell were soaked. I collected it yesterday with a new exhaust and a Dried out rear seat. Happy! Rain overnight and where the back seats would be there is water (literally a thimble size) on the left side and the Footwell are soaked again! I just don’t know what to do. The mechanic said he sealed the boot seals and tightened the boot yet water is still getting in! I’m pulling my hair out. Please any advice?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the photos are off the rear passenger seat, then the trail of water leading to the boot, and the Last pic is the lower boot below the left hand rear lights. There’s a gully full of water, not the same on the other side! Ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
Had this with mine in exactly the same area.
After sealing just about everything i could i still had water coming in, so i removed the rear bumper cover and while following the seam sealer i found a very small amount of sealer missing and when i flooded that area with water sure enough water entered the boot area.
Cleaned and applied a quality silicone sealer to the affected and let it set and retested and this cured the problem ( no leak ) refitted bumper and i am now 6 mths down the line and still all dry
Hope this helps
Lee

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
Had this with mine in exactly the same area.
After sealing just about everything i could i still had water coming in, so i removed the rear bumper cover and while following the seam sealer i found a very small amount of sealer missing and when i flooded that area with water sure enough water entered the boot area.
Cleaned and applied a quality silicone sealer to the affected and let it set and retested and this cured the problem ( no leak ) refitted bumper and i am now 6 mths down the line and still all dry
Hope this helps
Lee
Thanks Lee, cars going back to the garage on Thursday so shall pass this info to him. Fingers crossed and thankyou

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh man that looks really bad. I hope you fixed that already, have you?! I have also had a similar problem back in the day, however the leakage was not that big actually, besides that, it was not even my car, it was my dads car, so I was not stressed about it :DD. At last, he fixed it by himself, as he is a really great mechanic. He has been working in this domain for his entire life! Right now he is teaching young mechanics through the North London Garages GTA courses, and he still has it, he is still capable of fixing almost anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts