Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted just before the new year, one white Juke in Burnley and one Black in Colne!

This was after a road trip in my White dig t from Godalming to Colne in Lancashireand back and the only Jukes spotted where the ones in Lancashire. Waved at the first one and got a bemused smile and saw the other too late to wave at.

Still a novel car and I am loving mine now I have done over a thousand miles.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Robbo1 said:
Spotted just before the new year, one white Juke in Burnley and one Black in Colne!

This was after a road trip in my White dig t from Godalming to Colne in Lancashireand back and the only Jukes spotted where the ones in Lancashire. Waved at the first one and got a bemused smile and saw the other too late to wave at.

Still a novel car and I am loving mine now I have done over a thousand miles.
Hi Robbo..well first of all, Burnley and Colne are in fact in Yarkshire
my girlfriend is a Colner and yes...she is a six fingered(each hand) hillbilly.

Secondly..why would anyone travel to Colne by choice? unless of course they were a film buff..the movies Deliverance and The Road were filmed in and around the town.

I have also seen a Juke in Colne...a red en on asda car park...and i even saw another red en on morrisons in Nelson! it stood out like a sore thumb amongst all the tuk tuks

·
Registered
379 Posts
Northendsoul I have a white Juke,I live near Burnleyand I can categorically assure you that Burnley and Colne are both definitely in Lancashire and have been since I was a lad and probably for a few centuries before that as well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi Northend - Yep JukeofH is absolutley right - def in Lancashire - since the start of time Ithink - lol Lancashire is Red Rose country !!! Yorkshire is the home of the White Rose

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ozma said:
Hi Northend - Yep JukeofH is absolutley right - def in Lancashire - since the start of time Ithink - lol Lancashire is Red Rose country !!! Yorkshire is the home of the White Rose
Northendsoul I have a white Juke,I live near Burnleyand I can categorically assure you that Burnley and Colne are both definitely in Lancashire and have been since I was a lad and probably for a few centuries before that as well.
WHOOOOOSH !

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can remember Todmorden being in rebel hands for a time, but we didn't bother going as far as Burnley when we got it back !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bloomin eck! I didnt realise spotting a white juke in Lancashire would restart the war of the roses!!!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Henry VII (1457 - 1509) was the first Tudor monarch. His claim to the throne was not strong and he became king after defeating Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth Field in 1485.Henry's success on the battlefield ended the Wars of the Roses that had begun in 1455. The Wars of the Roses were a series of battles that were fought between the supporters of the House of Lancaster (Lancastrians)(RED ROSE) and the supporters of the House of York (Yorkists)(WHITE WASHED OUT ROSE)Come on you Reds, History is repeating itself.................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts