Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a knocking sound from the back, and it was the suspension.
found it out accidentaly, when I looked underneath the car.

Found out the sound was only when I was driving on a part of the road wich make one wheel get another level as the other side of the car.

what is it? first i thought it was the booth with al the stuff in it, but then I discoverd this:

next week the dealer is gonna fix it, just in case the orded a new rubber, if neccesary they will replace the old one.

I don;t know how it happend, hope it is happend when the made the car in the factory and not by just driving

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Since 2007, the qashqai has had significant issues with suspension bushes. After 4 different fixes it now appears to have been remedied. Dealers always did fixes under warranty for this issue. Good luck .Hope all is ok in the future.

Fee x

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
well, just had a look at my shocks and they deff dont look like that lol.
No funny rubber thing sticking up like yours. everything seems to be in order.
Looks like im going to have to carry on looking for my knocking noise :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
Have you checked the boot for bound & gagged hitchhikers?
They can make a terrible racket if they wake up!

Ouch!

·
Registered
540 Posts
That makes me want to look at mine. It is raining heavy just now so will have to wait but, I get a knocking sound when reversing into our drive and at other odd times. Seems top be fine most of the time but, really noticable when reversing into drive like I said. I had thought that the hatchback door was maybe a bit loose coz it doesn't seem to close with a solid thump like I was expecting. It seems solid enough when I pull on it though.
Oh boy, one more thing to tell the service guys about.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are qq drivers that say either the seats or the booth is making noise.
For the seats take some tape and put it on the metal part where the seat is clicked.
For the booth exact the same, where the boots locks in, the metal piece put some tape.

Havent tried it myself, but i guess it worth to try

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Found my knocking noise. Its the Hard cover shelf thing that clips down over the spare tire well. Gonna get some rubber strips or double sided Velcro.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Makes you wonder how much testing our Juke model went through before we have such niggles. Surely the test drivers would have noticed... wouldn't they?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Dougal said:
Makes you wonder how much testing our Juke model went through before we have such niggles. Surely the test drivers would have noticed... wouldn't they?
given some of the simple issues that have come to light I am not convinced Nissan carried out full evaluation of the car prior to launch

·
Registered
540 Posts
Say no more... I have made an early review to be going on with in another post under Reviews.

I hope no-one takes it too much to heart. I think I have made it perhaps to blatant but, I didn't mean to.

I will be reporting progress with the car as time goes by.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All of you,
I do have a knocking noise at the back of my new Nissan Juke. They already replaced the shocks and after a week the sound returned. The dealer tried everything possible but the annoying sound stay there. Nissan South Africa say that this is an isolated case. I see that several of you complaint about the same noise. Are there any solutions to this noise?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks to the gentleman from the Netherlands for putting these pictures on. For weeks there has been a knocking sound from the rear left wheel area. Only happened when I go in to a left bend/corner. Took it to a garage locally (not Nissan dealer) who put it up on the ramp and couldn't find a problem with it until ... they saw the rubber that sits on the springs. You have solved our problem. Taking it to the Nissan garage on Tuesday and hopefully, it will be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I couldn't put up with the knocking noise coming from the back of my Juke, either.
Day after day. Mile after mile. It was driving me insane.

In the end I had to stop the car and let the wife out of the boot. I now let her sit inside the car when I'm driving. Funny thing is, I've now picked up a ringing in my ear whilst driving.
Edited by: JUKEOFYORK

1 - 15 of 15 Posts