Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to the forum and hoping to find some advice. A friend of mine this morning said they couldn't start their engine, it was during the school run so they had driven it that morning already so not a result of a flat battery, it's a 2015 Juke RS. They also said there was a key symbol on the dash showing (don't know which colour). I got them to try holding key next to start/stop switch while brake pedal held down and nothing happened (I can't know of course if they did this correctly).

So I went and bought a CR2025 battery and replaced it in the keyfob. Then I tried holding it near the Start/Stop button while brake pedal held down and it worked. Now car can start/stop with remote not needing to be held near button, so all good.

But .... Keyfob no longer opens/shuts doors. When pressing buttons nothing happens. The key symbol is still showing in orange on the dash.

Also tried the spare key, same thing happens.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Andy,

Did you ever find the fix to this? I'm currently experiencing this myself and trying to figure out what the problem is.

Thanks

Callum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Andy,

Did you ever find the fix to this? I'm currently experiencing this myself and trying to figure out what the problem is.

Thanks

Callum
Yes :) I had put the battery in the wrong way, once it was in the right way it worked :ROFLMAO: Hope the fix is as easy for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wish it was that easy, double and tripled check the battery. All installed ok. must be a key issue
Well I thought I had done it the right way initially so thought the problem more serious. I went out and when I came back my father in law had also had a go - bought and replaced the battery. I decided to take the key fob apart again and noticed it was the wrong way so flipped it round and it worked. I can only imagine that a) I too had put it in incorrectly, or b) taking it apart again and refitting it made it work - better contact? c) Maybe father in law bought a different bettery type and it worked once installed (I remember seeing different codes mentioned in the manual / online etc)? Sorry can't be of more help. The issue though was definately with the key fob even though I'm not 100% sure what fixed it. Ruled out a possible immobiliser issue. Does the Juke have a process to reprogramme key to car - check the manual? Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts