Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone else had experienced the issue which ive been intermittently experiencing and my dealership dont appear to have seen it before.

On the odd occasion when I unlock my Juke and start the engine the "Key" light on the dashboard will stay on during driving for approximately 10 minutes. After this time the light will turn itself off again. I have no issues locking/unlocking the car or starting the engine. On the first occurence of this I checked the manual and it advises fault with intelligent key system, so I contacted my local dealer who advised that I needed to contact my recovery, however the car was still funtioning as expected and fully driveable. On the second occurence as soon as I noticed the fault I took the car straight to my dealership, ironically as I was about to pull on to the forcourt the light decides to go out. Dealer checks the Engine Managment System using their laptop and the car has reported no errors or faults.

Its a very wierd one which has only happened on two occurences but still worries me that there may be a fualt with the car which I wasnt to get resolved. Neither myself or the dealer are able to replicate the fault.

Bradders

·
Registered
175 Posts
It may be the battery in the intelligent key.. have you tried the spare key?

·
Registered
171 Posts
What colour was the light? Isn't there something in the manual to discern if its the battery depending on what colour the light is?
Certainly sounds like the battery to me though. What I would ask is it the same place you are starting from when you get that light? It could be interferance in the area (wifi systems, radio waves etc).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here is what The manual states:
Again, always Quoting:
Intelligent Key system warning light
After the ignition switch is placed in the ONposition, this light comes on for about 2 secondsand then turns off.
This light illuminates or blinks as follows:
. The light blinks in yellow when the door isclosed with the Intelligent Key left outsidethe vehicle and the ignition switch in theACC or ON position. Make sure that theIntelligent Key is inside the vehicle.
. The light blinks in green when the IntelligentKey battery is running out of power. Replacethe battery with a new one. (See “KEYBATTERY REPLACEMENT” in the “8. Main-tenance and do-it-yourself” section.)
. The light illuminates in yellow when it warnsof a malfunction with Intelligent Key system.If the warning light illuminates in yellow while theengine is stopped, it may be impossible to startthe engine. If the light comes on while the engineis running, you can drive the vehicle. However inthese cases, contact a NISSAN dealer for repairas soon as possible.
If your issue is not listed within this quote.. You need to:a) Change the batteryb) Return the Intelli Ket to the dealer as a defective product

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5523_Juke - I have tried the spare key but nt for an extended period of time. The fault is not present all the time and only appears about once a month.

Beranicus - It is a yellow light like described in the last section of the manual. It downes appear to happen in one particular place either.

JukeAttitude - Many thanks for posting that. I have asked the dealer to replace the key and they have refused until they can prove it is a fault with the key itself.

Fee - no unfortunately not yet however looking at the manual which JukeAttitude has posted on here i may be going back to my dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem - yellow key light appeared randomly on the dash board. I changedkeys and the problem disappeared - took the other key back to the dealer and they changed the battery. Going to see if that's made any difference.

·
Registered
422 Posts
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Does it matter? Does it impair on any function or distract the occupants? Is the car well within warranty? If the answers are 'no' 'no' and 'yes', then don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having this same problem but worse!! My light intermittently comes on as amber and stays on. When I attempt to stop the engine I have to press the button 4-5 times but the radio stays on no matter what you do and the doors won't lock. There doesn't even seem to be a way to manually lock the doors using the actual key! It's like it recognises the key is in the car because the engine does still start but that light will remain on and the ignition stays on. I've just replaced the batteries in both keys to cover all bases but the fault comes back. It's happening nearly daily!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I am having this same problem but worse!! My light intermittently comes on as amber and stays on. When I attempt to stop the engine I have to press the button 4-5 times but the radio stays on no matter what you do and the doors won't lock. There doesn't even seem to be a way to manually lock the doors using the actual key! It's like it recognises the key is in the car because the engine does still start but that light will remain on and the ignition stays on. I've just replaced the batteries in both keys to cover all bases but the fault comes back. It's happening nearly daily!!!
That is definitely broken and needs fixing by the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

I have had the same key issue. I'm not sure if any of you have tested the starting system. I have noticed a few other things. When you start the car and the light was on try turning it off and then have someone take the key away. While its outside of the car it shouldn't start or even have the electrical system turn on. However, mine does every other time it takes two pushes but will start none the less.

The dealership has replaced the body control system and reprogrammed it. Every ring and magnet for the keyless system has been replaced as well. Yet still this is happening and I'm told now its because mine car is a 6 speed. It hasn't done it for two years but now it's because it's a 6 speed. They can't fine another manual and it won't happen it an automatic

·
Registered
952 Posts
Sounds like BS to me, dealer is making excuses because they don't understand how to fix it.

I guess you're in the states (?) given the trouble finding another manual car but my car certainly doesn't act that way and it's manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ian

I have the same problem, the key light has been flashing for a number of days now, I went out this morning and the key light went off after 10 minutes, I am now experiencing problems when starting the car. When I get in do car the foot light fails to come on , so I have to exit the car, re-enter and then start it, I am going to see the dealer on Monday I hope and will report on their findings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My juke doesnt even want to ignite... And they light is orange! I wait for three to five minutes daily before it connects and ignite..any advice?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
How old is the car?
Have you got new batteries in the iKey (assuming you have an iKey)?
If you don't drive it regularly, the battery may be a bit run down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all ,bought a nismo in february this year and had the problem of the orange key fob malfunction light intermittantly coming on,after several visits back to the dealer,trying new fobs etc etc,it was found that there is a switch ,to do with the clutch,which neaded a slight adjustment,as when I drive I nearly always rest my left foot on the clutch pedal !!....they adjusted the switch and I adjusted how I drive,with my left foot !!! and all seems to be ok now,hope this helps,pass the info around...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts