Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, wonder if you can advise please. I'm getting this intermittent error where the key light comes on the dashboard. Initially I thought that it was because I had the key in my pocket instead of on the mat on the centre console. The light comes on then goes off after about.10-15 minutes. I haven't been on a long run with the car yet to see if it stops on longer. The handbook says to take it to a Nissan dealer to have it looked at.

Is there any reason it would do this, IE battery problem in the key fob?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, wonder if you can advise please. I'm getting this intermittent error where the key light comes on the dashboard. Initially I thought that it was because I had the key in my pocket instead of on the mat on the centre console. The light comes on then goes off after about.10-15 minutes. I haven't been on a long run with the car yet to see if it stops on longer. The handbook says to take it to a Nissan dealer to have it looked at.

Is there any reason it would do this, IE battery problem in the key fob?

View attachment 2833
If you keep your foot on the clutch, like have it depressed a little the light comes on, I had the same thing drove me nuts, thinking it was the fob battery,or the fob. Since I stopped keeping the clutch depressed a little, the key light stays off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you keep your foot on the clutch, like have it depressed a little the light comes on, I had the same thing drove me nuts, thinking it was the fob battery,or the fob. Since I stopped keeping the clutch depressed a little, the key light stays off.
Thanks Grant, I do keep my foot on the clutch so I'll try not to do this see what happens. I didn't think the problem was too major as the car runs smooth as anything for a 2017 2nd hand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Grant, I do keep my foot on the clutch so I'll try not to do this see what happens. I didn't think the problem was too major as the car runs smooth as anything for a 2017 2nd hand.
I hope it works, I did the same out of habit, funny thing is it did it today, all because of my foot on the clutch, when you take it of the clutch it might take a minute or two for the key light to go out. Old habits die hard 😀

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope it works, I did the same out of habit, funny thing is it did it today, all because of my foot on the clutch, when you take it of the clutch it might take a minute or two for the key light to go out. Old habits die hard 😀
Thanks Grant I'll give it a bash fingers crossed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Grant I'll give it a bash fingers crossed
Hi Grant, been trying this now for a week, I've stopped ridding the clutch and the light has not come on since. Thanks so much for your help with this. Seems weird that the only solution in the hand book is to take it to a Nissan dealer to investigate? Such an easy fix in my case, again Grant thanks very much (y)(y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Grant, been trying this now for a week, I've stopped ridding the clutch and the light has not come on since. Thanks so much for your help with this. Seems weird that the only solution in the hand book is to take it to a Nissan dealer to investigate? Such an easy fix in my case, again Grant thanks very much (y)(y)
Hi Dave, glad it worked, it could be a case that Nissan aren't aware that this happens. The net is always the first place I look for an answer. 😃😃

1 - 7 of 7 Posts