Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay it might be because i now have a white car and not a red one but has anyone else noticed a huge amount of kamikaze bugs trying to attack the Juke. Every morning i find more and more smears and remains of lil winged things that seem to have committed suicide.
I washed the car over the weekend and by Wednesday it looks like someone had sneezed with a mouth full of wotsits :(

I mean im all for this idea of birds doing a bomb run due to the reflective surface looking like water. But come on now, if i was a bug and saw a 1.5 ton puddle of water coming at me at 80 MPH my first thought would definitely not be "do i need the loo right now". Then again the last thing going through its mind are probably its feet haha

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol I don't know if having red would make that much difference except I wouldn't see them as much lol

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
MB

There are products to help

Surf the forum, I've already posted a site with products to help.
As an example.... I washed my car three weeks ago, and then washed again on Sunday and it still didn't really need it.

Lj

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
True Deks.... 4 months old with 1104 miles on the clock.
My last car was 5 yrs old and had 28000 miles on the clock.

My car is the second car in the family, the hubby's is the main machine.

Lj

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
yes given the choice I would take the other car aswell
as for mileage I thought mine was low mearly 6 months old with 2500 on the clock

·
Registered
25 Posts
meaga-byte said:
I mean im all for this idea of birds doing a bomb

*Otaku imagines a flock of seagulls doing a WW2 styledive bombing run on a white Juke with "Ride of the Valkyries" as the background music*

·
Registered
64 Posts
the bugs like red Jukes too; my wife's car was splattered with plenty after a 700 mile round trip last weekend. We took her car for some 'exercise' as it only had 980 miles on it at 6 months old....
My job to clean it .....

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My White Dukey is eating bugs left right and centre.
Im worried to drive past a bee hive or honey farm encase the car decides to take a quick detour for lunch :/Edited by: meaga-byte

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My last car was red and im wondering if the change from red to white has just allowed me to see more of them. The majority of the smears and splats are orange so a red car would hide them well :D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So i should ave gone for Black or blue then?
hehe :D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha okay. my 4th car will be red again :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
should have gone for a brownie then everybody is to busy looking over the rest of the car they don't notice all the bugs

1 - 20 of 43 Posts