Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :)
My Dad is thinking of buying the Nissan Juke in the 1.6 turbo variant. He was wondering who makes the engine. Is it Nissan or Renault?
We can probably guess the normal 1.6 is a Nissan from the Micra range, and the diesels are probably Renault.
Also is the Juke made in the UK?
Just out of interest, has anyone here come from a Qashqaito a Juke? Dad was thinking of buying the Qashqaibut he felt it wasn't that good after the test drive.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hiya Trist and welcome to the forum

Nissan make the petrol engines and Renault make the diesel engines

Depending on the variant - the majority are made in the JUKE but awd variants are made abroad

I came form a 1.6 Petrol Qashqai but had a 2.o litre and also a 1.5 Dci Qashqai previously

I agree that the QQ 1.6 is seriously underpowered and needs a 6th gear and the engine sits farbetter in the Juke/ It has to be said though that there are a good few owners have mentioned that the Juke also has a 6th gear althoguht the DIG-T model has 6 (correct me if Im wrong folks)

The Qashqai is a lovely car -no doubt, but the Juke is a little different and looks amazing.
The boot space and rear legroom and head height in the Qashqai is better.
The boot is small in the JUKE and tight in the back

But I do think the JUKE is a nicer looking car

All the best to you and your Dad

Fee x

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi Trist,
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

All versions of the Juke are built in the <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> at Nissan’s plant at <st1:place>Sunderland</st1:place> – except for the range-topping 4WD model which is made at their factory at <st1:place><st1:City>Ohama</st1:City>, <st1:country-region>Japan</st1:country-region></st1:place>.

The 2WD CVT Jukes (and Qashqais for that matter) cannot be ordered at the moment because the CVT supplier can’t keep up! But the Japanese 4WD CVT model can still be ordered.

I came to it from an X-Trail, but I drove a 4WD Qashqai for a few weeks at the end of last year and main difference is luggage space. Juke’s got quite a bit less than the Qashqai, the Qashqai’s got less than the X-Trail (but then so have most cars).

The Juke I now drive is the 4WD version which has the same suspension as the Qashqai and the X-Trail. On today’s lunar road surfaces the Juke bounces more than the Qashqai did, which in turn bounced mode that the X-trail – it’s a weight thing.

The 2WD Jukes have a different rear suspension which some people have described as “firm”, others as “a bit harsh”. No doubt others here can give you the real story.

The DIG-T engine option certainly makes the Juke faster and a better drive than the Qashqai.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for those detailed replys :) Interesting about the 4WD ones built in Japan!

Also how do you change the headlight bulbs, looks very hard!Edited by: Trist

1 - 6 of 6 Posts