Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After walking out of one dealer who was quoting delivery of mid November and tried to insist on GAP insurance and some super protection package, I went away disillusioned.
Went to a different dealer and have ordered (on 31/8) the auto Acenta with premium in silver. Bit hazy on delivery - possibility of end Sept but could be October.
All subject to test drive. I was buying a Honda Jazz until I test drove it and the automatic was painful, so I hope this auto will be smoother.
Edited by: silverjuke

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well done! It's always good to get something thrown in for nothing I won't do a deal until I get something

Any idea when your test drive will be?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Test drive promised for late september. I only want to test drive the auto, so will need to wait a few days maybe.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Good luck with the test drive and let us know your thoughts. I normally go for autos, but must admit the CVT put me off a bit so have gone back to a manual for the Juke. Be interested to see what you think

·
Registered
329 Posts
chris78 said:
Good luck with the test drive and let us know your thoughts. I normally go for autos, but must admit the CVT put me off a bit so have gone back to a manual for the Juke. Be interested to see what you think

I agree - after driving a Golf GTI with DSG, Nissans CVT is like somethingfrom those ancient old DAF Variomatics used in the 70s!

Infact, I think the design principle of variable cones is exactly the same.....except that it uses variable in/out pulleys.
Hardly cutting edge, certainly wouldnt get my money, but each to their own, and like I say, the VW group DSG box shames everything else out there.

Andy
Edited by: andytran

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SO first dealer phones me today to tell me that delivery times have been brought forward and instead of November he could now quote me September. I tell him I've bought elsewhere. He says I should have come back to him, but why would I when he was insisting on GAP and Superguard and quoting November? Silence from him.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
silverjuke said:
SO first dealer phones me today to tell me that delivery times have been brought forward and instead of November he could now quote me September. I tell him I've bought elsewhere. He says I should have come back to him, but why would I when he was insisting on GAP and Superguard and quoting November? Silence from him.
This really shows their arrogance, don't they realise their behaviour and how they deal with customers etc is a major factor in deciding if you buy a car from them? Good on you for walking out and going elsewhere!

We were offered both GAP & Superguard too, of which we turned them both down, with a polite no thank you, we'll take just the car thanks! ;)

·
Registered
367 Posts
I bet they are kicking themselves now silverjuke serves them right!!! Garages always seem to try and flog the GAP & Superguard these days they know by the look on my face when I say no thank you that I really do mean NO

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To be fair, the other place still has to notify me of the test drive date and delivery date. So I'm not burning bridges yet. I said I'll be in touch if the other place fails to deliver.

·
Registered
367 Posts
You never know you could end up getting something thrown in for nothing if you do end up going back with the orignal dealer. My policy is if you don't ask you don't get and if you ask and you still don't get then you've lost nothing

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
alicat said:
You never know you could end up getting something thrown in for nothing if you do end up going back with the orignal dealer. My policy is if you don't ask you don't get and if you ask and you still don't get then you've lost nothing
Snap! :) I blame my mother who is ALWAYS asking for money off/free stuff. I don't do it with everything, but something like buying a car you kinda expect /something/ ;) petrol/matts money off...

·
Registered
367 Posts
And mine
I won't do a deal with the salesman if I don't at least get something thrown in I think I've learnt that from my mother to as I was always dragged around car showrooms in my younger days. My hubby just sit's there now and leaves me to get on with it!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
iamdabe said:
alicat said:
Snap! :) I blame my mother who is ALWAYS asking for money off/free stuff. I don't do it with everything, but something like buying a car you kinda expect /something/ ;) petrol/matts money off...
There is a limit to how much I will play dealers off against each other.
Dealer 1: you need superguard and GAP and then we can knock a small amount off the price of the Juke. and we can't deliver before mid- November.
Me: Not happy with deal and definitely not happy with November. phone me if you can improve.
Dealer 2: Matched part - ex, no mention of superguard and GAP. Can't negotiate on Juke price.
Me ( to D2). If you are prepared to talk about the Juke price, you have my number, I'm prepared to sign up today.
Dealer 2: phones just before 6pm on 31/8. (significant?): We can do the deal.
Dealer 1: Oh shame, why didn't you get back to us....., we would have been prepared to make some movement and can now get the car earlier.....
Me: (politely) too little, too late. Unless dealer 2 doesn't deliver.
I could have contacted dealer 1 before singing up with dealer 2, but why go back to someone who has p1ssed me off, unless I have to? There is a limit on how long I will keep squeezing.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You're right there. Price is important, but its not all about price. If I don't trust/like a salesman, I'd rather pay more and go elsewhere. If the service is bad when the car is being sold, I always wonder how bad the aftersales will be. You can guarantee that aftersales will be worse than sales!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This could be Hi! and Byee!
Phoned dealer today, eventually they call me back after 3 messages to say (a) no auto demonstrators and (b) my car won't be in before December.
Apparently Autos with premium pack are taking longer than anticipated.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dealer 1 phones to say have I got my Juke yet.

I tell him delivery now delayed until December and interestingly he doesn't say he can get it sooner.
He does say he has a couple of cancelled orders and will ring me back.
Turns out the cancelled order was for the Premium in Red and that went straight away. He does have a sport acenta auto that may be cancelled, but I'm holding on for the premium.
I do wonder why there are so many cancelled orders, he's the second dealer with cancellations.

·
Registered
367 Posts
silverjuke said:
Dealer 1 phones to say have I got my Juke yet.
I tell him delivery now delayed until December and interestingly he doesn't say he can get it sooner.He does say he has a couple of cancelled orders and will ring me back.Turns out the cancelled order was for the  Premium in Red and that went straight away. He does have a sport acenta auto that may be cancelled, but I'm holding on for the premium.I do wonder why there are so many cancelled orders, he's the second dealer with cancellations.
Maybe once people have seen them in real life they are not so keen??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts