Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at a Nissan event in Peterborough at the moment where the great and the good (and me) get to learn all about the Nissan LEAF -

we get a ride in a LEAF eventually if and when they get their finger out

Also on display the JUKES and Micras bought by a local Vets practise!

A few quick sneaky pics (in no particular order)

we are supposed to be here to see the electric Nissan LEAF -
but Nissan/organise/piss-up/brewery
things are not ready for us yet!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I like the Viper stripes on the Juke, might have to look into getting them on mine. From my mates sign writing company not Nissan.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont go for the proper Nissan stripes, they can look slightly rude

Nissan paid a fortune to have them designed by an outside company! The dealer staff here todayare not very complimentary about Nissan

Sounds like a good idea getgraphics done 'elsewhere'

Even the new little Asian-built Micra looks quite good with over-the-top stripes:

edited to add last photo

Edited by: KevInJuke

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I dont know how Nissan got away with that!!! - Looks like a ?

Its gross

Fee x

Ps - I think the new micra looks cute - bit too small but I like it

The stripes look like the road markings - blending in beautifully

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nissan seem to do some funny things, but amazingly the company seems to be successful.

The event today was supposed to be about the electric LEAF although what with one c*ck up or another we never did get to drive the darned thing.

It looks like this if anyone is interested: not the prettiest car ever invented:

The Jukes and Micras seemed to attract quite a lot of attention.
If any of us get distemper, hard-pad or worms, Best Friends Vets Service of Peterborough would seem to be a good place to go.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
LOL @ Kevin.

I found Peterborough car dealers very unresponsive the one time I had a look around. The Toyota Dealer could hardly bother to get out of his seat to show me a Prius.

Must be a founder member of the Sales Prevention Team

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some people seem to have travelled quite a distance to Peterborough today, having had overnight accommodation locally, they were probably a bit disgruntled at not getting a LEAF test-drive.

It was just a nice 50-mile each way for me to Peterborough and back home today, so I wasn't too disappointed
I wasnt too surprised either - I've been to Nissan events before

Why did almost everyone find the stickermentioning 'worms' on theJukes and Micras so funny today?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Best way to stop worms is to run over them, twice

It's maybe just me, but I find all that striping tacky.

I feel it detracts from the lovely lines, makes the car look lumpy and ordinary.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've asked the cat, and she says worms are notfunny when you've got them, which fortunately I havent.

I fear that to get a Geneva Motor Show ticket from Nissan my task will involve saying something to a Nissan boss which the agency staff dare not say for fear of ending up at the jobcentre AND it has been hinted that my "task" may involve something to do with worms . Yuk.

The Nissan LEAF is on show today in Stourbridge West Midlands - I cant be ar*sed with going all that way just on the off chance that things will work out better than they did yesterday.

If you want a test drive, make an appt with the dealer before you set off and then keep your fingers crossed.

I saw a black Juke between Peterboro and Bourne yesterday afternoon - Reg No ****EYE
the Jukes and Micras with and without stripes and stickers were the highlight for me. Introducing theelectric LEAF is a brave move by Nissan, but I wont be buying one.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mr nev said:

Thats not showing up on my screen,
I think you mean this.
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/Ray_Neville/icon4.jpg

Here's a bigger version of that piccy:

its just one of the official Juke graphic options for the US market
produced in conjunction with Original Wraps Inc.

They seem to have agood selection of "official" Juke graphics over in the US of A.

http://www.nissangraphics.com/juke.php

Thereare a few grumbles on the internet now about the LEAF event at Smiths Peterboro and the way it was done
{usual Nissan chock-up IMO}

but I've seen nothing but praisefor the Vets'Jukes and Micras they had on display

Edited by: KevInJuke

1 - 12 of 12 Posts