Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had my JUKE for 4 daysand she has already been in the shop. I had previously posted that as soon as I got it home and I turned the heat on it started billowing smoke or steam from the hood. When I took it back the next day it would not do it again (of course). And they said that they believed it to be a cleaning solution that they used when it came in and it backed up into something and just had to burn off or burn back out. But then 2 days later I noticed that my driveway had about a 6 foot area of something that appeared to be antifreeze, oil or transmission fluid all over the place and it was where I had the Juke parked earlier. So I go into panic mode - I check the oil and it's fine - I double check to make sure I have no warning lights on and there are none. So I take pictures of my stained and soiled driveway and head back to the dealer. I show them the pictures and they said ......uhhh, this is not from any cleaning solution. So I wait and after a while the tech comes out and says - we are still trying to find the problem. And later he comes back again and says we have discovered that fan motor is sometimes not running - it just stops but it does not always do it - just at times. And away he goes again. Later he comes back and says we are still trying to find out why the fan is not running correctly. So I proceed to tell him about this forum and that there have been a couple of people with over-heating problems and that one of them was missing a part called some type of electrical harnace or something like that. And he said ok and went away again. A few minutes later he came back and said - 'Well, thanks to you we found the problem". He said that he told the other techs what I said about the harnace and they started looking all in between the areas that you can hardly see or get to and they found a plug going to the fan or part of the fan that was not plugged in. So they plugged it in and there you go, back to running smooth. He said that if they had not been looking to see if the harnace was missing then they never would have found it. So mine was not missing a part but apparently it came straight from Japan with this plug unplugged. Nothing major but it could have been if it had not been fixed. I'm just posting things like this in hopes that it may help someone else that may be having similar issues.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
thats good news colourmeblue, the forum has helped resolve you issue and your update will no doubt help someone else in the future, at least its all sorted for you
all the best
deks

·
Registered
659 Posts
colormeblu

Excellent. Consumer-power and information exchange at its best.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Well done you for having sorted it out for them

Doesnt say a lot for Nissans internal service Bulletins though does it!!!

Hope you have no further issues!!

Happy Driving

Fee x

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Agreed ....Knowledge is power

·
Registered
1 Posts
colormeblue said:
Well, I've had my JUKE for 4 daysand she has already been in the shop. I had previously posted that as soon as I got it home and I turned the heat on it started billowing smoke or steam from the hood. When I took it back the next day it would not do it again (of course). And they said that they believed it to be a cleaning solution that they used when it came in and it backed up into something and just had to burn off or burn back out. But then 2 days later I noticed that my driveway had about a 6 foot area of something that appeared to be antifreeze, oil or transmission fluid all over the place and it was where I had the Juke parked earlier. So I go into panic mode - I check the oil and it's fine - I double check to make sure I have no warning lights on and there are none. So I take pictures of my stained and soiled driveway and head back to the dealer. I show them the pictures and they said ......uhhh, this is not from any cleaning solution. So I wait and after a while the tech comes out and says - we are still trying to find the problem. And later he comes back again and says we have discovered that fan motor is sometimes not running - it just stops but it does not always do it - just at times. And away he goes again. Later he comes back and says we are still trying to find out why the fan is not running correctly. So I proceed to tell him about this forum and that there have been a couple of people with over-heating problems and that one of them was missing a part called some type of electrical harnace or something like that. And he said ok and went away again. A few minutes later he came back and said - 'Well, thanks to you we found the problem". He said that he told the other techs what I said about the harnace and they started looking all in between the areas that you can hardly see or get to and they found a plug going to the fan or part of the fan that was not plugged in. So they plugged it in and there you go, back to running smooth. He said that if they had not been looking to see if the harnace was missing then they never would have found it. So mine was not missing a part but apparently it came straight from Japan with this plug unplugged. Nothing major but it could have been if it had not been fixed. I'm just posting things like this in hopes that it may help someone else that may be having similar issues.
Your story inspire me to fix my own issue. Thanks for sharing it man.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Excellent that you are moving and confident again that your car is going well.I have to say though that servicing other machines with cooling fans that run intermittently, the connection would have been one of the first things I would have checked.Perhaps, the 'trained' mechanics, oops, sorry you called them 'techs' (which implies a higher level of training) have a different way of looking for faults and - like they said - would never have found the fault.That's confidence inspiring...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts