Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going to a dealer preview, who's been, what did you see, were you offered a test drive?(They are supposed to be static displays only butsome peopleclaim to have been
getting test drives)

A few pics froma dealer launch I went to at Derby last week. (As you can see it was a bit quiet)

I went to take some measurements yesterday at the preview in HULLfor a disabled chap who is interested in the Juke and who asked about there being room for a spare wheel/dog guard/room for a wheelchair.

It looked good with silver paintwork, though I think it might look a bit better with the red interior.

Edited by: KevInJuke

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Kevin - What colour is that Juke - is it Machine Brown??? or metallic grey ?

I cant understand why Nissan didn't offer the option of a Brown centre console to co-ordinate with the Machine Brown colour as I dont think grey or red interior would match.

Looks nice though - Cant wait for mine

Fee x

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
feefeeglasgow said:
Kevin - What colour is that Juke - is it Machine Brown??? or metallic grey ?
It's machine brown, although looks almost black at times.

I thinkin the UK we can havegrey or red interior with all colours EXCEPT the dark blue, which is grey only - Nissan Europe have decided blue and red don't go together. (They have no such qualms in Japan, where even the mid blue can be had with a Red interior)

Pooh bears are extras I think

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
looks very nice ,i hadnt realised the interior wasnt a match for the exterior colour ,wont matter much if i get her resprayed anyway ,it will all be pink to keep the missus happy

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Kevin - your post made me laugh - Nissan dont think blue and red go together... but they seriously think brown and red will????? Someone must be colour blind...

I wasn't offered a test drive as I was told its only the Preview models which are available till the launch date.

First car I have ever bought without a test drive although having had 3 cars with the Renault 1.5 Dci engine I am well aware of what it is capable of.

As for the POOH in the post above- What is that all about??? - Are they added extras - oo -er.......

Ps - Dealer couldn't tell me if 1.5Dci comes with DPF although will be asking at the dealer training day in Glasgows SECC tomorrow and will get back to me.

Fee x

Edited by: feefeeglasgow

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
i would say you will get the euro5 engine feefee with the dpf but they have apparently changed how it now burns off the soot so should'nt be a probblem any more

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I was always concerned about the DPF issue and thats what put me off the 1.5 the last time.... I hope they have sorted it out as you say as I cant afford trips to the dealers everytime it needs regenerated.

Thanks

Fee

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
fingers crossed all is sorted ,but give her a blast up the motorway now and again to be safe

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think the limited choice of interior colours is a bit strange but I guess it helps keep costs down. It would have been great if it was 100% colour matched.

I've only seen Machine Brown in the flesh (at WLMG Nissan in Slough last week) and didn't like that at all.

I can't wait to test drive a 1.6 DiG-T and at the moment am leaning towards either red or black (which looked stunning when I played with the options on the computer at the dealers)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The colours seem a bit dreary for a car which Nissan-paid expertsclaimed would be
bought by "aggressive attention seekers" and "20-something metrosexuals"
or maybe they realised at Nissan that their expertswere talking a load of old guff, and
that 'mature' people would also buy it.

I do think Nissan Europe should have given us the chance to buy the mid blue colour
(Pacific Blue) it is available in Japan and USA/Canada, but not in Europe!

The mid blue and the red seem to be the colours which stand out the most.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
is that your white one up the back there feefee , looks nice in white ,like it Edited by: NISSAN FAN

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
wow even wifey says if it cant be sprayed straight away i must order a white one

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm told there's a UK dealer who is advertising that his Juke preview has "entertainment and a celebrity appearance."
I can't findanything on t'internet, maybe it was in a newspaper somewhere. I've just slipped some of Nissan's newdisgusting XXX-rated adults-only pictures of Bonita Norris into another thread, she is the only UK "celebrity" I've seen involved with the Juke launch so far.
http://www.jukeownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15
(If that doesn't make you look, nothing will)

(I have some very clean pictures of very clean white Jukes ifyou wantto see them)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Bonita Norrislives only a few miles from me. I ought to trawl a few more of the local pubs - it would be lovely to bump into her

Anyway, I've just looked at the pics and I'm off for a little lie down now.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ctrollen said:
Bonita Norrislives only a few miles from me. I ought to trawl a few more of the local pubs - it would be lovely to bump into her

Anyway, I've just looked at the pics and I'm off for a little lie down now.
I bet she gets a ride in Juke before most of us.
(No, sorry, I'll rephrase that)

There's no mention of her actually attending any of the dealer previews,
but she's part of an 8 MILLION POUND launch for the Juke - there'll be JUKE inserts in mags and newspapers, and all sorts to try and get out there and buying a Juke, the dealer previews and Bonita are just a taster of what's to come!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe3qgw_bonita-norris-launches-the-nissan-j_news

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/news/nissan-unveils-%C2%A38m-launch-campaign-for-juke/3016043.article

Edited by: KevInJuke

·
Registered
129 Posts
Went to my dealer preview tonight, but couldn't place an order as they needed time to appraise my trade-in and offer me a valuation.
There were a fair few people there and I was impressed with the Juke — albeit in the rather dull brown — which is a bit bigger than I'd thought it would be. The chunky styling definitely gives it presence.
It was a Tekna 1.6 Turbo and I've finally got some clarity on the leather upholstery. There is only one style on offer: dark grey with red stitching and red highlights on the seat base. The 'red or grey' options shown in the brochure refer to the centre console and associated door trim fabric (for which grey is actually the only option if you have the Haptic Blue exterior). Also, the pearlescent white paint is only available on 4x4 models.
Bad news is that the likely delivery date is now October/November. I'm hoping to go back on Saturday and place my order.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
hope they give you a good trade in chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all especially Fee from the Qashqai owners club! I am now hooked on the Juke, been following it from since the Qazana ( much better name IMO ) concept a few years back. Like the Qashqai it is different and fresh, also quite practical according to reviews.

I'm more than happy with my QQ, but would not rule out the possibility of downsizing to a Juke, will have to wait and check out rear head / legroom when it reaches my local dealer. I know Fee commented that the salesman at 6'2" struggled to fit in the rear, but I suppose that would apply to most compact cars.

Great pics BTW , my favourite colour combo at the moment is the metallic grey with red interior followed by the pearl white. Least favourite has to be the metallic brown and silver which just looks bland. I also noticed the absence of central armrest front or rear, something I've now got used to having in the Qashqai, however that's a minor gripe.

Fee you must be well chuffed, white Juke's look like concept cars on the road, definitely going to get looks!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hiya pal!!!!!

Its good to be original and the Juke is all that and more!!!!!

If you're a tall guy you will almost certainly struggle in the back but you'll be driving!!!!!
so hopefully that wont affect you......

Go on === time for a change.... you know you want too!!!!!!

Lotsa luv

Fee x

1 - 20 of 75 Posts