Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Tekna CVT in Sptember and was told End year delivery now advised could be April, Anyone have any idea why delay it is suggested there might be problems with auto gearboxes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry to hear that smartypants - I hope mine still turns up some time early in the New Year - too scared to ring and ask in case they put the date back yet again - ignorance is bliss (or so they say)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
hi smartypants there is a delay on cvt boxes Nissan cant keep up with the demand the cvt box goes in a number of models, however you delay seems to me to be a little suspicious end of the year I could accept given the delivery times of others on here but April leads me to believe order has not long gone in I would be contact Nissan Customer Service for a total explanation of wht is going on if I were you

·
Registered
166 Posts
hiya smartypants, i also have on order a tekna cvt, ordered 30th october with a date of the end of jan, i asked a week or 2 back and they said the system was still showing end of jan, hoping it doesnt get put back as far as that i can't wait that long.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The gearbox manufacturer cant keep up with demand for Jukes and Qashqai's unfortunatly. We cant even order petrol auto Qashqai's at the minute. If you were to order a Juke auto today you are probably looking at a May delivery.

Just phone up customer services and see whats happening, short of that the dealer unfortunatly cant tell you much apart from the date shown on the system and what customer (Dealer) services tells us (which isnt much on delivery dates). Im sure they will be phoning customer (Dealer) services themselves for you, as we predictably would like to get as many deliveries as possible done before the end of the year.

Once you have phoned customer services they will have a file on you so it will be known that you have complained and they MIGHT be able to get your car brought forward. Hopefully!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
to be fair its what his dealer has been upto that concerns me no way should an order placed back in Sept be delayed until mid next year thats why i suggested he contact customer service to be certain its all above board and kosher

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your replies I will phone the dealer tommorrow and customer services and make further enquiries.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I completely understand, but i would put money on the dealer trying their hardest to get him his car asap.

We ordered a Qashqai auto for a customer on the 27th April with a delivery date of September. September came and no car, so we get in touch with customer (Dealer) services who couldnt tell us much, the car had just dissapeared off the ordering system. It then re appears with a different order number and a delivery date of December. Then the date just changes to April with no warning. And no amounts of phone calls by ourselves or the customer could change anything. Understandably the customer was fuming, and cancelled his order based on our recommendation. It makes the dealers look like incompetant fools, but unfortunatly and as daft as it sounds it is totally out of our hands.

Im getting the feeling that you hate all the dealers though deks? And that you dont trust any of us? Please correct me if im wrong. But from what i have read on here, i understand that you have had major problems with your dealer, and i can understand your frustration, i would be seriously annoyed if i was in your situation too believe me! But not all dealers are useless, there are some good ones out there.

But your right, he deffinatly should contact customer services and check just incase.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Sorry Crosby I dont hate all the dealers some infact are excellent as it would appear you are, but some of the stories I have read on here about stunts pulled by some dealers leads me to be suspicious, your advice and help to OP seems fair and reasonable, I dont know op's dealer and have no wish to but if he checks the story himslef then he will know if his dealer has been completely truthful,
my mistrust in dealers go beyond my present dealings,their are aspects of present day motor trading that stem back to the dark ages and its about time some dealers/salesmen were kicked into the 21st century

anyway smartypants keep us updated on what you find out, and moreover if you keep your order make certain to get some freebies chucked in for the delay and most important make sure someone else is paying the extra VAT

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fair doos, as you said some places are useless, some are great. Glad i can give advice where i can.

But yeah smartypants, checking the stories straight with customer services is the first port of call.

All the best.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have contacted Nissan customer services and they responded almost immediately> I have given them all details requested ie dealer details date order placed vehicle spec my personal details etc and they have promised to look into the reasons for delay and come back to me shortly, stating they take these matters very seriously. Lets see what happens if I cant get any joy and delivery is not shortened will probably change to a Suzuki or Ford or Peugeot but that would be regretfull and only as a last resort. I am really cheesed of and do feel cheated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After numerous e-mails to Nissan Customer ServicesI explained that my delivery for my Juke had gone from Early Jan till April/May.
They took a week to look into the matter and initially suggested they may be able to help me with a similar car earlier or suggested other ways to soften the blow such us my part price being held or some freebies maybe from the dealer.
When they came back to me I wqs told sorry there is nothing that they can do as it is out of their control and could not offer an explanantion for the delay,and speak to the dealer. My dealer is as frustrated as I am and cant get any sensre or satisfaction from them either, This will be my first Nissan and frankly at this stage I cannot reccomend their customer services or rather lack of it. It really is a bit of a farce. They have adfvertisred a product continuously and given false delivery dates to their dealers to get sales and then renage on the dates. Dosnt that contavene the trade description act or unfair sale of goods act or similar.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I think its a pretty bad show if the part exchange price isn't being held. You would have calculated your finance based on the the offer made to you. I thought once the paperwork had been signed when you placed your order they would have to honour it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nissan customer services contacted me the other day. They had been onto my dealer, I dont know why, I didnt ask them too. They told me my delay was due to the lack of CVT boxes, it was still down for 20th May, but that date should be at the very outside, she said she thought April was more likely. Although she till stressed they were just dates & nothing could be guaranteed.
Have they told you that you wont pay the VAT increase? She confirmed it to me, although, yet again, my dealer had already sorted that.
All that bothers me is if it goes back yet again. Its far too long to wait as it is.
You never know it could be sooner if people start cancelling their orders then others will become available for the dealers to "grab" off the system

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
There has been an issue for months now with the Qashqai CVT gearbox and all orders had been suspended being a shortage (apparantly all were being diverted to Japan and USA)

Theres posts elsewhere about this being the same gearbox as in the JUKE.

THis is really poor and I certainly would not accept s further 4 month delay

Good luck - i hope you get this sorted

Fee x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had a call from Nissan customer services today called Jessica. She explained the problem does lie with the CVT auto gearboxes for Quashqai and Juke and there is nothing more they can do at the moment other than try and sort the problem and production as quickly as possible, They are advising dealers to withold sales on autos to catch up. Lets hope it all sorts itself out in the new year. I did appreciate the call and the honesty of Jessica. Am now keeping my fingers crossed the vehicle will come earlier. I also asked if Nissan were offering any goodwill gesturesand she said it is in the hands of the dealerships but surely Nissan have created the problem and should for goodwill give some freebees to make us all happy customers.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I dont think NCS have been totally honest here. As far back as November my dealership were saying that there was a HUGE issue with CVT orders and there was likely to bea delay till at least JUNE. I also met a chap while shopping at Morrisons (the day i took ownership of my JUKE) who said that he had ordered a CVT tekna in September - been given a date for January and then told at least June - so he cancelled.

As for goodwill gestures - this was up to Nissan and not the dealership. The dealership ordered my items for me but it was authorised by Nissan

I am so sorry for you guys getting messed about.... it just seems to be getting worse!!!!

All the very very best

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Jukeofhazard said:
I am so glad I went for a manual gearbox.never was totally happy about that type of Auto box anyway.
well at least you got 1 out 3 decisions right, shame about colour and fuel

1 - 20 of 37 Posts