Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
i have ordered a juke with the premium pack which means i get the extra speakers. I am very keen on my music and concerned about how good the sound will be. I know other Nissans offer the BOSE system but the juke does not have that option.
any thoughts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My thoughts are that the sound system wasn'tthat great, especially for the top level trim cars. Similarly priced cars have better speaker/bass/amp set ups and a DAB tuner which I raised concerns about, BUT, the connect system is a nice piece of kit not seen on other makes so perhaps that makes up for it. Let's be honest the pricing and purchasing of a car doesn't come down to it's ICE?!?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
I'm slightly confused - does the Tekna not have BOSE sound system? When I ordered my dealer told me that the top end model included the BOSE sound systm - which was one of the reasons I went for the Tekna. I'm a bit worried now - what if it arrives and doesn't have the sound system? I guess nothing can be done?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
i might be wrong but according to brochure and what i believe the Tekna has the same system in as the premium acenta which is the 6 speaker connect system

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
broave said:
hi all,
i have ordered a juke with the premium pack which means i get the extra speakers. I am very keen on my music and concerned about how good the sound will be. I know other Nissans offer the BOSE system but the juke does not have that option.
any thoughts?
I think its a classic case of salesman not knowing the product he is selling but wants the sale so will say anything so he gets his commission. This is something theat really infuriates me people selling goods they haven't done tehir homework on.

·
Registered
443 Posts
It's not bose. The speakers are what let's the JUKE down.the same unit (conect.) Sounds better in a QQ.
Needs better speakers and sub.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have the Tekna. It doesn't have BOSE.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The premium US versions at least add a subwoofer in the trunk, but I don't think it is Bose. I wonder why it is not available here in europe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It would be interesting to know if the speaker sub wiring is there in the boot? Would make it easier mod to do.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
659 Posts
Oh, I'm no expert but the sound is pretty 'muddy'. Now you KNOW I'm no expert. But I turned up the bass and the melody got lost. I only ever listen to Radio 4 so it doesn't matter to me but I wouldn't think this system would satisfy a discerning audiophile.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi there,

Im due to pick up my juke this weekend and am concerned about the sound system. I went for the premium pack so have the 6 speakers but from what I have heard, the sound is unlikely to be great. I don’t need anything massively loud but do like a nice, crisp, clear sound. Does anyone know whether changing the speakers would help this? Im a little confused as to whether this would help as the new speakers would still use the same head unit existing so not sure if the speakers themselves can help alone if that makes sense? If so, I have been recommended some JBL ones. Does anyone know whether these are good? It is all so confusing with 2-way, 3-way etc!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have also been trying to find out the specs for the Juke sound system............ I did read somewhere that the US Jukes have Clarion, don't know if the european models are the same............... (the SatNav is Bosch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rseyiouq5-I).
Review 10.09.10 from play-auto.net

"Sound quality from our base Juke’s system was fairly clean at medium volumes, but cranking it up revealed muddy bass and not much separation".Edited by: lorrfal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do you know what size the speakers are or whether upgrading the speakers alone will have a good impact?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aw, I'm so disappointed and a bit mad with the salesman now! I love music and my job involves a lot of car travel. Guess I'll have to get something aftermarket.
Feel like going to the dealer and kicking up a fuss about false advertising!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Tabu said:
Aw, I'm so disappointed and a bit mad with the salesman now! I love music and my job involves a lot of car travel. Guess I'll have to get something aftermarket.
Feel like going to the dealer and kicking up a fuss about false advertising!
I would you may get something chucked in for free

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have an alpine in the x trail .the oe ones were ok. Swopping the front door speakers had a big effect .but they did cost £130.

·
Registered
575 Posts
First impressions from the connect is that the sound is OK. Have been running my IPOD through it, and sound quality has been fine. Radio quality will always be poor unless you're running DAB, which isn't available on connect
If you upgrade speakers, it'll improve sound, but don't go mad on the speakers as they'll be limited by what the headunit can do. I doubt you'd notice the difference between £200 & £70 speakers, given the limitations of the headunit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks a lot. Im going for JBL speakers which get good reviews and are about £35 per pair.
Obviously, I can't change the head unit as I have the camera, sat nav all built in etc. However, by changing the amplifier would this be a way round it?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts