Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think they've been used more than 2 days for short trips since i've had it, manage to get them going then they freeze up again 2 miles down the road, wash i use is recommended down to -5 C

·
Registered
873 Posts
Trouble is when it rains and you get water in the ends of the nozzles, which freezes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure about you but i have'nt seen any rain since i got it 2 weeks ago

·
Registered
204 Posts
I haven't got anything out of my washers for about 3 weeks - have to keep stopping the car on the way to work to get all the salty spray off the windscreen. I'm not sure they're any worse than other cars I've owned but it can't be beyond the skills of car designers to come up with something that doesn't freeze up so easily.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Factory-fill screenwash must have been one of the things they cheaped out on to give us the cool features. I put in some new as soon as we got the Juke because we heard they were freezing up on you Brits. Thanks for the warning. You really saved our bacon!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine was frozen when I picked it up but I topped it up with screen wash concentrate and it seems to have done the trick, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
As you guys will know - our temp up here has no trisen above -5 and overnight was -14!!!

I use the screenwash concentrate and have had no problems whatsoever....Thank God...

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
As you guys will know - our temp up here has no trisen above -5 and overnight was -14!!!

I use the screenwash concentrate and have had no problems whatsoever....Thank God...

Fee x
is that for the car or a sub zero kind of bodywash for the shower to stop you freezing?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Sadly Deks - I wish it was for me....

Getting old is not good for you - you feel the cold more!!!

You should know - we were born in THAT year too

Fee x

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sorry to return to mundane matters
- I've got almost neat screenwash in mine and still can't get anything out of the washers.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Mine work again now, once you have warmed the car up / left it running for a while, park it and leave for 1/2hr - 1hr to let the car's heat free them up, then run the washers to clear them out of water. Seemed to work for me!

·
Registered
272 Posts
not had a problem with ours we use tesco superstength screenwash at about 90% notfrozen yet. simmo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts