Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started looking on the web forremap for the Juke. Can't see anything on the usual suspects (superchips, evo etc). Some sites have remaps for the diesel Qashqai, but not the same map on those as in the Juke so not going to work.
Anyone know anyone they can recommend?
My Scirocco was remapped at Superchips and they were great, but they don't really do much Nissan mapping

·
Registered
484 Posts
A remap will affect your warranty (parts related) unless dealer approved.A remap will not fail an MOT. You should also inform your insurance company.
I'm not an expert on this but I understand that it can be difficult for dealers to detect some remapsbecause they don't flash count the ECU.

·
Registered
484 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
- Oo er - sounds technical!!! Will leave it to the experts

Fee x

A remap is just a software upgrade of the ECU. Turbo cars benifit the most. I've notresearched this but I reckon you could remapthe 1.5 dCI up tobetween 125 -130 bhp with no other modifications. Standard remapscost about £300 - £400.

·
Registered
345 Posts
hope the car remap the DIG-T

and also with the 3 driving mode's

eco, like normal
normal, like sport
and sport,like lunatic speeds (just for a straight sprint or something)

that should be great

·
Registered
443 Posts
if the ecm part number and versions ,and NATS frames coppied over ,we cant tell just by using consult 3,when it loads up.its when you use data monitor, what the rail and boost pressures show that give the game away.And yes they do ask for printouts with warranty claims.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's always a big debate about remaps. You should tell your insurance company- with my scirocco the insurance hardly went up despite a bhp increase of 65ish.
It won't affect mot.
It can affect warranty but there is always much debate over whether it can be detected and whether dealers are bothered- they get paid by Nissan for warranty work. I had a pretty open conversation with vw and my boss has with range rover who both said they didn't care. Range rover even fixed my boss's car after the remap caused a hose to blow off.
The benefits especially on turbos are increased power, torque and fuel economy.
Ideal solution would be Nissan offering a remap but there are some good companies like superchips as well

·
Registered
443 Posts
chris78 said:
It's always a big debate about remaps. You should tell your insurance company- with my scirocco the insurance hardly went up despite a bhp increase of 65ish.
Ideal solution would be Nissan offering a remap but there are some good companies like superchips as well
A remap would mean submitting the car for new type approval,if done with nissans blessing.
Nissmo may go for it though

as its states
Vehicle manufacturers are forced to compromise when they set up the engine's ECU, to create vehicles which will operate in a wide variety of markets and conditions.

Many countries, for example, impose emission controls which are far more rigorous than those we have in the UK.
Other countries relate their vehicle taxation systems to power output rather than engine size.

Some, like the UK, impose higher taxation for different emission levels.Edited by: Juke-of-earl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts