Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,I got my long awaited Juke Acenta Premium.1.6 Petrol.Picked it up on the 15/11/10,so far so good,got a letter on 23/12/10 not to drive the juke as possible brake fluid contamination,got a hire car from Enterprise car hire.All most five weeks later the juke had replacement brake calipers,replacement abs activor,replacement brake pads and fluid and replacement clutch cylinder and flexi hoses.And on top of this i have been struggling to get first and second gears after car has been standing over night or after a shift at work.Also a gurgling noise happens as the car starts up.But when clutch is depressed gurgling stops,then foot off clutch gurgling starts again.?Nearly forgot i got charged £133 from car hire for something.Still waiting to be reimbursed.Quality Customer Service Care.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you got a real lemon there.Hopefully it gets sorted out asap and you are not out of pocket for anything.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If the car was OK (excluding the brake fluid issue) when you picked it up, sounds like a dealer repair mistake... harsh to be charged for the hire car...

Hope you get it sorted..

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
"That's another fine mess Juke got me into,Stanley."
That's a sad and infuriating tale Stanley.I suppose every model will have a few bad examples.
Still won't stop it hurting like a knife, Stanley(geddit).
Are you going to keep it or sell it on ?

Joy....winner of a prestigious Juke keychain.
Edited by: JUKEOFYORK

·
Registered
272 Posts
Oh Stanley
!!!! thats terrible.......as redjuke says, would have thought dealer would have helped you out - hope you get it all sorted out soonest.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Anothe rmember on the forum had similar issue and successfully rejected the car as not fit for purpose Nissan gave him another new one his wasnt that old might be worth pursuing at the very least I would be screaming at Nissan about being out of pocket to rectify a manufacturing defect

get onto customer serivce if you havent already

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Oh no - So sorry for you Stanley!!!!!!

That really is a poor show... What I cant understaqnd is WHY your dealership didnt offer you a courtesy car in the first place....

Given all your problems and its a new model - contacting NCS would definitely be my first port of call.... you have been very very patient...

As Deks said another member has had their car replaced.... I dont think its an unreasonable request as you can expect minor niggles in a new car- not a major calamity!!!!

All the very very best

Keep us posted

Fee x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I would just like to say I am having problems with my gearbox too, finding it very difficult to change through the gears, particularly from 1-2 and reverse and engine making very funny gurgling sounds ? Its been in the garage several times and i have been told it just needs breaking in because its a new car ! On a mission now for a replacement juke cos i think i have got a lemon !!!!

So disappointing , i feel for you x

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Did the dealership actually say that to you??? that it needs breaking in...

That is shocking indeed - I would take it to another dealership for a second opinion and contact NCS

Fee x

·
Registered
283 Posts
Oh Stanley, that's terrible, sounds like a 'Friday car' to me, I used to have a Punto, which must have been a 'Friday car' as from the beginning it was rubbish!
Have to say I think your dealership is being very poor, I've taken Hiro in a couple of times (he had a scratch on him when picking him up), and then for the software update thing, and both times I've been given another Juke to run around in...
I would go down the lines of not fit for purpose, and demand a replacement.
Goodluck and keep your chin up, this Juke was obviously the runt of the litter(are you sure it's not a Mini Countryman disguised as a Juke?!), the next one will be a Superhero!

Jo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts