Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Juke is on order got a deal that we are happy with £1200 more than the cap price for our Toyota and the Juke protection kit thrown in for good measure.

Roll on the 23rd Sept

·
Registered
455 Posts
Good for you.

Some people talk about and then get on with it and buy one (Vous)

Some people talk about, think about it, grumble a bit, look at the picsand do nothing (Moi)

23 Sept isn't long to wait. Is it a caralreadymade and allocated to the dealer perhaps?
Are you buying it "subject to test drive"?
(FWIW I think there will be a few demo Jukes at dealerswithin the next 2 weeks)

Congratulations.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DO IT NOW YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
Don't forget the VAT goes up in January so more to pay out!!
Not sure if it's already allocated. Yep subject to test drive although I really don't think there will be anything to dislike about it.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Congrats Alicat! well done ;) 23rd delivery will almost certainly be pre-allocated to dealer but that's okay!

KevInJuke, get on with it! :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Someowners in Japansay the Juke ride-quality isn't brilliant and the firm suspension has been mentioned in a few European test reports too.

Due to health problems, I fear it might betoo harsh and uncomfortable for me.
Inthat caseI'll haveto go for something boring but comfy like a Ford Fiesta!

Before Xmas theremay wellbe a Nissan dealer who'll let me borrowa Jukefor a whole day.
(Some are doing 24 hour test drives on the Cube at the moment, but I'm not a fan of the Cube)
IMO we'll all be able to get a short Juke test drive in the next few weeks

I think alicat was asking me for Haptic Blue Juke pictures on Facebook only a few days ago ----
and she obviously fell head-over-heels in love!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your right I did - see you are the perfect matchmaker!!
Not a fan of the cube either our dealership had about £1500 knocked off the price of one in their showroom but I still couldn't be tempted!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well done alicat. Great deal you've got there.
Kev, I spoke to the guy a lot doing the dealer previews (to be honest I couldn't get away as he was VERY enthusiastic about the car) and he said the ride was a little firm as it needed to be strengthened to avoid body roll. He said it was nowhere near as bad as a mini though for harshness if you've ever driven one of those? It ain't going to be a Fiesta for softness by the sound of it

·
Registered
329 Posts
chris78 said:
Well done alicat. Great deal you've got there.
Kev, I spoke to the guy a lot doing the dealer previews (to be honest I couldn't get away as he was VERY enthusiastic about the car) and he said the ride was a little firm as it needed to be strengthened to avoid body roll. He said it was nowhere near as bad as a mini though for harshness if you've ever driven one of those? It ain't going to be a Fiesta for softness by the sound of it

Agreed, I test drove a Fiesta Zetec s TDCi about 3 months ago - Jesus, if thats a softer ride than a Juke, Im screwed! I thought the Fiesta was rock hard! Maybe the lower models are softer?

Andy

·
Registered
455 Posts
andytran said:
I thought the Fiesta was rock hard! Maybe the lower models are softer?
Andy
Correct. The low/mid spec Ford Fiestas and Kas are comfortable, the higher-spec ones with bigger wheels and low-profile (thin) tyres are much more harsh.

As with performance of a car, it largely depends on what you are used to regarding comfort

The answerI got from the Nissan preview guy, (probably written for him by the marketing people at Nissan) was thatthe Jukewas harsh, but ithas minimalbody roll!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
alicat said:
We used to have a mini so can't be no harder than that
Snap! My Cooper-S had the sports upgrade too and that was fine; I don't mind a firm ride my only concern is if the suspension 'crashes' hard to explain the difference!

Guess it'll be a couple weeks till we find out, I know the exact road I'm driving down to test it out too!
Edited by: iamdabe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts