Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

Juke of many angles

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  snowysdad 
#1 ·
Hi all

Took a closer look at our Juke today (Washing, waxing etc)
Have you noticed the irregular "gaps" in the panels....not happy!!!!
Now, I am realistic enough to accept that these vehicles are mass produced by, well, robots mostly!....and that they are precise on the most part, but aren't perfectionists! But take a look along the Juke's bonnet, either side, I have a different width space between one side of the bonnet and the other. The gap on the left hand side of the hatch door and the right side is bigger, the rear drivers side door sits slightly higher than the left. Just something I have began to notice!

To be truthfull, I 'aint too happy, most cars displaying issues such as these have been in a shunt!!

Have you noticed any miss-aligned panels, or am I being overly fussy!!

Thanx for reading

Duncs

See less See more
#7 ·
Duncs

I am sure someone mentioned it on the forum before about the bonnet being slightly misaligned although - to be fair - I cant find it and I have searched.....

There was nothing wrong with my Juke but thats not to say yours doesnt need a wee tweak...

THe facelift Qashqai had a big problem with bonnet overhang but that is now resolved...

Best thing to do is compare to other JUKES perhaps at the dealership to put your mind at ease - or not- as the case may be - if they are all the same - perhaps its a "quirk?"

Let us know how you get on

Fee x

#13 ·
Update:

Went to "a" Nissan dealer today, they had 6 Jukes in for various upgrades / work, so I had a little snoop around at their "gaps"!
Either I am ultra fussy, or I am missing something here!!!!
Every one of them had some kind of varying gap imbalance regarding the boot / bonnet / doors!
A technician informed me that this was simply a manufacturing "fluctuation", and that it was the norm.
Yes a slightly miss aligned bonnet can be brought central, but drive over 4 or 5 deep pot holes and it shifts again.....I give up, just going to drive the **** thing!!!!

Thanx for listening!

Duncs :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.