Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parked up next to a new 11 plate juke today..
Noticed the new models are fitted with Yokohama tyres in place of the bridgestones originally fitted.
Is this a one off,or have nissan changed tyre suppliers?

·
Registered
65 Posts
My baby has turned up at the dealers andI should be collecting her Sat so will let you know what shoes she has.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Picked my 11 plate up on the 1st March was fitted with Bridgestones, the 4 WD come from Japan so they may have the other tyres fitted.

·
Registered
219 Posts
When Yokohama became available for bike racing a couple of years ago everyone said thats the way to go, 20 odd teams started with them in the British series, by the fourth race there were only two teamsleft on them. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
In recent tests Yokohama achieved 56% score, only one maker worse! Bridgestone consistently make good tyres both for bikes and cars. They achieved 64% score with only two above them Continental and Michelin at 67% and 65%. I know what brand I would go for.<O:p></O:p>
Bridgestone cons. Relatively expensive to buy. Yokohama cons Don’t Buy based on poor dry grip- Not widely available.<O:p></O:p>
Between these tyres you could be going at 15mph when the other car had stopped, that equates to 2-3 metres further up the road = dead or alive, which do you chose!
Fight! I dont think so.<O:p></O:p>
Edited by: philthunder

·
Registered
26 Posts
They are also now fitting continental tyres on some models

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ah that inspires confidence Continentalhas the best performing models of tyre for both bike and car. Which say Number 1 tyre.
" The Continental tyres we’ve testedcover eight sizes commonly used on popular superminis, medium cars, large cars and MPVs. All the Continental tyres we’ve tested offer balanced performance, have no major weaknesses and all make the Best Buy grade. In the dry, Continental tyres perform very well, and wet grip is balanced and safe in a straight line or in a bend."
USA report bikes
"I would go so far as to say these are the finest road tires I've run (I've even had them out for a couple of track days!). In fact, I purchased a set and threw them on Kris' new Z1000. And based on my recommend, three other people have installed sets, that I know of, and have reported the same very positive comments about the tire. "Edited by: philthunder

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was searching for tsome tyre info and found this thread...
I have Continental PremiumContact 2 fitted...I live in Croatia, Europe, bought my Juke 1.6 Acenta Sport Pack ca. 3 weeks ago...
How come?Edited by: SuzaFan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Probably down to differing wheel sizes having different tyre types.

Going back to a previous post, different tyre specs from different manufactures have different levels of grip. On a previous car I had Yokohama tyres (AO48's) and they gripped like no tomorrow, and came in about 5 different compounds, downside was they couldonly last about 2,500-3000miles.

If reading tyre test reports make sure you are comparing the actual tyre type (tread pattern etc), not just the manufacturerand even then different OEM's have different specs of the same tyre, all very complex and confusing. (As an example the Yoko's I used came in Soft, Medium, etc, but also LTS which was the OEM spec).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Picked my Acenta up 3 weeks ago & it's got Bridgestone tyres..Blimey… bought the car for the wife & already calling it mine..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts