Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all my fellow Juke owners. I picked my new Acenta with sports up on the 18th of December and I have instantly fell in love with my new bouncing baby Juke!Problem is, she is terrible on the snow!!!!!!!!!!!!Can't wait 'till the weather clears up so I can actually go out for a pose in her!Happy motoring all........................

·
Registered
379 Posts
My last car was a Merc SLK 230 .now that was BAD in snow,the Juke is a dream in comparison.Light on the right pedal and drive in ECO mode I

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You must be getting different snow down there, I've tried all modes and still can't get the grip!I still love my new baby though!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well I just picked up a 2WD Juke on 23rd Dec, as I was fed up of getting stuck in my RWD Merc E220.

The Juke is far far far superior in the snow. Having read some forum members complaining about the performance in the snow I was worried, but all I can think now is that those who have complained either have never driven a RWD in the snow, or expect far too much.

Mine has gone everywhere I've needed it to go, and it's pretty snowy still in the North Lincs Wolds. Like others say, use Eco mode for best results.

I've bought another set of alloys with the intention of fitting winter tyres (when they come back in stock!) but I'm encouraged by the ability of the standard ones.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes thawing here on Skye too, might manage out myself tomorrow.
What model/colour have you got jukestapose?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I took my car into Kwik Fit when I got a puncture repair. The chaps took out a bit of air from my tyres and car is a little better in the snow and ice. Typical - its now thawing!!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yep, might see you out and about in the better weather

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All is forgiven!I had a great drive into Inverness today with Jukey. Relaxed, listening to my tunes on the ipod, getting interruptedoccasionallywith my mobile going off through the excellent in car Bluetooth,Best of all, I got back to the car in Morrisons car park, and found a "contender" parked right beside me (BMW mini)! Note the mini part is in lower case, like the car! Jukey towers above the Kraut!Oh Juke, I Love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Copied from tyrereview.co.uk, regarding the standard fitment Bridgestone Turanza ER300:-

<DIV ="tyretext">"We have these tyres (OEM) on a 2 year old (6000mile) Fiat Sedici 16v 4x4. I was just intriged as to what they were as I hadn't seen them before and I keep reading that 4 wheel drive with 'ordinary' tyres in poor conditions are worse than 2 wheel drive with winter tyres. In general use they're just another tyre however the following might be of interest if you have a small/medium 4x4/SUV with 'ordinary' tyres.
Remember the very poor weather and snow in the UK in December 2009/January 2010.I had no choice but to drive (to/from work)in the worst snow/ice/weather conditions for decades. The Fiat on these tyres with 4 wheel drive engaged and locked never missed a beat. It regularly climbed a 30degree snow/ice covered slope from a dead start and without a hint of slipping. I drove 25miles at 1 am on minor 'B'roads in 6" snow with it still falling in order to get home with no problems and drove round and through the carnage that was Basingstoke. This car on these tyres made some very serious (and expensive)4x4s look very silly in deed. The Fiat is by no means an off-roader but with these tyres I was very surprised (and very pleased) at its performance in snow,ice and the subsequent 'melt'. I wouldn't suggest you buy these tyres purely for their 'winter' performance but they might be worth considering given that they seem to work well with small 4x4s in poor conditions."
<DIV ="tyretext">
<DIV ="tyretext">Also they have done well (1st, 2nd, 3rd) in tyre comparison tests.
<DIV ="tyretext">
<DIV ="tyretext">Seems like on this evidence - Juke owners can't blame the OEM tyres. ;)
<DIV ="tyretext">
<DIV ="tyretext">(Maybe I've wasted my money on buying a set of Yokohama Geolandars)
<DIV ="tyretext">Edited by: Jukotabeekidin

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
No - i think its someone just being smug!!!!

Having driven in bad snow for years and never having a problem before..

The car is pants in the snow - END OF.

Fee x

ps - thanks for the post thoughEdited by: feefeeglasgow

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh no, I feel like putting my hands over my ears (or should it be eyes!) and going 'blah blah blah', when I read posts like the last three.

My main goal buying the Juke was to find something that was ok in the snow

Fortunately my experince of the few days on snow before it thawed was pretty good. The range of opinions about the Juke in the snow is amazing. However it's the same when I've been looking at tyre reviews - one punter will swear its the best tyre they've ever had and the next report it as the worst they've had.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.