Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, RAC have just rescued me. Remember those worries we all had about gears not running smoothly. Well mine never have been smooth, bit clunky but I thought give it time. I was in mid manoeuvre reverse parking in a busy hospital car park when, no reverse gear, I had to use both hands to knock it out of reverse. I was now blocking the car park and the car in front of me.My RAC paperwork had not come through but luckily I remembered the card in the service book, everyone was very helpful. Initially told it would be over an hour before RAC could get to me but the moment I put the phone down one turned up (hurrah) after half an hour of messing around it appears the car had selected two gears at one but the confusion was it was 5th and reverse! RAC now driven car back up to dealership which is luckily only a mile or two away. I am now waiting a call.

Less than 600 miles on the clock and brought on 24th September!

PS not sure if I picked up right topic in my rush to let you know so may post elsewhere.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
2wink

Sorry to hear of your woes - Glad you werent stranded for too long.

Not good though that this is the second breakdown posted in 2 days.... Perhap the 3 year RAC membership will be a blessing for JUKE owners.

Keep us posted when you are up and running again

All the best

Fee x

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will, having phoned the garage they are not expecting to look at it today and are planning to loan me a Note or Micra in the meantime. Spoke to the salesman I brought it from but he was not that interested. He did agree that the demo gears appear to be notchy. Will this mean a recall in the future? Did you know that you are expected to wait 4 months for the RAC paperwork to come through. Having been so proud to have been one of the first on the road I am now doubting if I want her back!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I know that feeling well - my 4 day old Megane (new shape) was in garage for a total of 5 out of its first 6 weeks in existence for a never ending list of faults and defects, the major one being a faulty wiring loom.

i wrote to Carlos Ghosn CEO of Renault and was offered a replacement vehicle, which I traded in for my Qashqai. If its not fit for purpose, go through your finance company (if you have one) and return it under the sales of goods act (implied terms)

Good luck to you...

Fee

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well having visited the dealer this morning they told me that the gears are stuck! Like I didnt already know that! They have spoken to Nissan and been told they are not to risk messing around trying to fix it but to replace the gear box which Nissan are going to be sending down. My old one is going back to Nissan for investigation! At the moment they cant confirm how long this is going to take. I am really relieved about that as I think if they had just fixed the problem I would not trust it not to happen again.

Had to take a couple of bits out of mycar it was sad to see her parked up with a big notice saying DO NOT START! I now have a Note to run around in until mine is ready. Having never given one a second look I have to admit it really is not a bad car although not a patch on the Juke.

Will wait until Monday to find out more. My husband has had a Juke on order but as it is the diesel is waiting like many of you for delivery end of November. However, he is now seriously thinking about changing his mind. So we might not be a two Juke family after all!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't panic they really are great fun and a real head turner. Missing her heaps already!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, in that case I am mightily relieved that I needn't worry about the same thing happening with the new gear box.

·
Registered
115 Posts
We’ve had 10 Nissan’s in the family over last 20 years apart for a fault with turbo’s on a Tino (3 replaced in 1<SUP>st</SUP> year) no other big problems. We are high mileage users (my wife does up to 30000 miles a year) so need reliable cars. The Tino is 6 years old with 140000+ miles on the **** and still going strong in the hands of my daughter.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Had a Fiat company car 3 gearboxes in 3 months. Thing just used to fall of it. Towed in that many times the AA invited me to their Christmas party.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update from Dealer is that a new gearbox is on order but will not be with them until 20th November!
Apparently, amember of the Juke Taskforce is now involved and will be raisingthisissueat their meeting today with a view to taking a gearbox straight off the assembly line, even though this will still mean a week before I get mine back again. Waiting for an update on exactly what is going to happen which I should have within the next 24 hours. (Fingers crossed).

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
That sounds posh - the JUKE taskforce!!!!

Lets hope the taskforce aren't kept too busy and I pity the poor sod whose gearbox is pinched from the production line to give to you... Hope its no-one on this forum!!!

PS - Have Nissan offered you some form of recompense for your inconvenience? - If not - they should, possibly by way of an accessories voucher or even better CASH just in time for Santa to come

Fee x

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dont think they will take one from assembly line probably just lip service in an attempt to keep me sweet.At the moment it is me having to make the calls to the Dealerchecking car was delivered to them ok, arranging tohave a loan vehicle, time scale for work etc.
I doubt if anyone else has read these posts as they all seem to be wrapped up in modifying or planning modifications to their new toys. At this rate I'll have had my Juke on the road 4 weeks and off at least 3 weeks!

Will wait to see if they phone me today.

·
Registered
754 Posts
2wink said:
Dont think they will take one from assembly line probably just lip service in an attempt to keep me sweet.At the moment it is me having to make the calls to the Dealerchecking car was delivered to them ok, arranging tohave a loan vehicle, time scale for work etc.
I doubt if anyone else has read these posts as they all seem to be wrapped up in modifying or planning modifications to their new toys. At this rate I'll have had my Juke on the road 4 weeks and off at least 3 weeks!

Will wait to see if they phone me today.
I reading with interest. Part of the reason I want a brand new car is because it supposedly gives you confidence that you are driving something reliable. Very disappointed to hear that this isn't the case and it would have put me off ordering, if I hadn't already done so!
I also would have thought that Nissan would have been more proactive in helping you!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Me too.Literally just had call from Dealer, to say that they are expecting a gearbox to come in on Thursday. Depending on when it arrives and all goes ok, fingers crossed I should have my Juke back with me on Friday just in time to go up to Herefordshire for a few days and do some head turning up there. Whooppee, everything is now crossed.Although a tiny little bit of meis still concerned it might happen again and so its taken the shine off of having a new car. In factwhen I was parking the brand new automatic Note they've lent me I thought it had happened again unti I realised it was still in Park! This calls for chocolate me thinks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whooppee, boing, boing. Yes, I am all tiggerlike.
I've just had a call from the Dealer to say that after much running around the countryside they put the brand new gearbox in yesterday and given Nissan the old one to look investigate. She has been driven around for a little while and all seems to be good with her.They are filling her up with fuel and arranging for a valet this afternoon before I collect her tomorrow morning. I am so chuffed. Just in time for a long weekend up in Wales. Its been just like waiting for the 24th September delivery date to come around all over again.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
excellent, glad you have back al sorted. these things happen and at least its under warranty bit of fuel and a valet chucked in

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nice one,

Glad your getting your baby back soon.

I wouldnt be too concerned about the gearbox issue - think of how many thousands of these things are produced every month...its inevitable that every now and then, a casting problem or a tolerance issue may lead to a fault.

Agood example is Fee and her saga of renault meganes - nothing but problems. (personally I wouldnt touch a French car) - but a mate of mine had a megane for 4 years without a single fault, not even a blown bulb!

However, 2 years ago, I bought a BMW 120d M Sport and it was back to BMW 4 times in the first 2 months, nothing but niggly problems.

It just shows - theres a certain amount of luck associated with buying a brand new car - some are a pig from day one, others seem to run forever without problems!

Im sure your Juke will be fine and that the gearbox was a small blip which could have occured in any car.

andy

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the reassurance. At least it happened near to home and they fixed it quicker than originally thought. I am sure she will be fine. Everyone has said it was just very bad luck. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Happy driving!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts