Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum.

Current owner of a "60" plate Nissan Qashqai, 1.5dci N-Tec. Considering trading it in for an ex-demo Juke Accenta Premium, 1.6 DIG-T in black. Any thoughts ?.

I know I will lose out on the economy and space but neither are crucial to me.

Has anyone else traded "down" and if so how did you find it.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
hi welcome tot he forum a couple of people have done just that and seem pleased with their decision
its all about what suits really,you now its the choice though

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've just swapped my 60 reg Qashqai 1.6 for a Juke Acenta Premium DIG-T 1.6 and don't regret it one bit. The Juke is fantastic. The only thing I miss is the powered folding mirrors.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
everything is possible though I doubt you would want to when you find out the cost of the mirrors the standard non folding ones are £250 each

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a chance on this one.

Bought my QQ 4 months ago with 2800 miles on. Now got 3500 miles on and they have offered me £4200 less than I paid for it. The Juke is a 5 month old demonstrator with 240 miles on and they are asking just £300 below original list price !!!. Are they having a laugh - it appears so - not at my expense though !!!. Pure greed in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
jossyB unfortunately for you but good for us owners is that due to demand the resale value on Jukes is currently quite high if they are only offering that off an ex demo either go eslewhere or buy a New one I would not consider a used car unless it had at least £2k off its price especially given I save over £1k on mine when i bought it new

·
Registered
15 Posts
JossyB, I got a straight swap for my 60 reg 1.6 QQ N-Tec,valued trade in of £15500, for my 11 reg juke Acenta Premium demonstrator with 300 miles on the clock. It also had the spoiler fitted. My local Nissan Garage are superb, they always look after the customer.

·
Registered
162 Posts
JossyB I was unhappy with the dealers as they were not willing to bend at all on price. Try Orangewheels.com they may be able to get you a good deal on a brand new Juke and you use a Nissan Dealer who will also do a deal to trade in your QQ.

Good luck

Ouch!

·
Registered
9 Posts
You will have way more fun in the dig t, I dont think any dig t engine has ever produced less than 200 bhp on a dyno even tho Nissan oNly claim 190bhp

·
Registered
164 Posts
I traded my 09 QQ 2.0 Petrol for an ex-demo DIG-T Acenta Premium. It cost me justunder £3.5k to change.

Back in March I got offered £12.5k for the QQ (against another new QQ) but I didn't go for it - they were trying to persuade me to change and I wasn't ready to.
In July, I found out that the dealer were asking £14.5 for their ex-demo 60-reg DIG-T Acenta Premiumwith nearly 8000 (yes, eight thousand) miles on it. The guy that had been using it was doing a 100 miles/day commute in it and I don't dohigh mileage so this wasno big issue.

Between March & July the part-ex for the QQ had dropped by £2000 to £10.5k (both the original and the new part-ex values were confirmed by Parkers Guide) but after a bit of haggling I accepted a 'price to change'. I've just checked Parkers again and the current part-ex for the QQ has dropped again since, but only slightly to £10,260. The car is still up for sale at the dealers priced at £12295.

I really like the power of the DIG-T and will find out whether the drop in size is an issue when we gon on holiday in it in a couple of weeks time.

I will state here, though,that it is going back to the dealer to be checked over next week as it's not driving 100% smoothly. There are times where it very briefly loses power (misfire or mis-fuel maybe?) but it's intermittent and I'm expecting a "can't find anyhing wrong with it, guv" replyat first, at which point they can try again as it's defintely not right.
Edited by: ctrollen

·
Registered
164 Posts
ctrollen said:
I will state here, though,that it is going back to the dealer to be checked over next week as it's not driving 100% smoothly. There are times where it very briefly loses power (misfire or mis-fuel maybe?) but it's intermittent and I'm expecting a "can't find anyhing wrong with it, guv" replyat first, at which point they can try again as it's defintely not right.
And they have diagnosed a malfunctioning O2 (lambda) sensor. Unfortunately they can't get the new part in today and it will have to be fixed when I'm back from my hols, but it's good news and I'm looking forward to driving it when it should feel like a completely new car

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
ctrollen said:
ctrollen said:
And they have diagnosed a malfunctioning O2 (lambda) sensor. Unfortunately they can't get the new part in today and it will have to be fixed when I'm back from my hols, but it's good news and I'm looking forward to driving it when it should feel like a completely new car
Very interesting this is a fault that affected the DIG when first realeased back in Sept 10 there was a software update to fix the problem hopefully yours is a one off rather than a return of the early problem

·
Registered
164 Posts
deks36 said:
Very interesting this is a fault that affected the DIG when first realeased back in Sept 10 there was a software update to fix the problem hopefully yours is a one off rather than a return of the early problem
That's interesting to know, thanks. I wasn't aware of that and I will have a chat to them about it when I pick it up later.

·
Registered
164 Posts
... said:
ctrollen said:

I took it in to be fixed today. However, I've just received a call saying that they've replaced the sensor and it hasn't fixed the problem.

So it's going to have to booked in again when they have more time to investigate.

Any more info on this software fault?

·
Registered
423 Posts
i put my 57 plate Nissan Qashqai, 1.6 tenka in for a juke 1.6dig-t tenkapick up on wed 28th been on order 7 weeks been waiting 4 week was hopeing to pick up on thr 1st so not so bad i was waiting 18 weeks for the qashqai</font></font>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts