Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My much loved and Nissan main dealer serviced 62 plate Juke needs a new timing chain. Nissan UK have offered to cover the cost of part but still faced with a £700 labour bill. Not impressed, its only done 50,000 miles. Looking like this might be an issue with the Dig-T engine but Nissan not accepting liability. Any ideas on how to escalate my complaint? Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nissan just say that this recall was limited to models in the USA, the U.K Juke has a different engine so is fine!!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
timing chain assembly problems

3,000 miles ago needed a new chain tensioner on the Juke AWD. Labour cost £700 but Nissan paid 75% for parts. However engine is now being stripped down again as there is still problems with a stretched timing chain. Once again Nissan only willing to pay 50% of the parts.
Currently in negotiations with CEO and Customer Care of Nissan for a goodwill gesture regarding labour costs. £1,700 approximate bill for repairs to Timing Chain Assembly in 3,000 not on!!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
What's your mileage now, Bakertech?

Mine is a tad over 33K at last service in October. Although he passed the MOT, I also felt I needed new tyres, brake pads and disks, given they were only just legal and winter was coming.

Thus far I have no issues other than a worn-out rear wiper blade, fingers crossed that'll be it for another year.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Acrorat like you still got the Japanese AWD. 63,000 miles.

Warranty:- Turbo bracket recall, replacement CVT gearbox (6 week wait from Japan) drivers seat stitching frayed.

Normal servicing and replacement Yokohama tyres, expensive but getting 33,000 mileage.

This year new battery £131.00, special to our Japanese built cars. Replaced Timing Chain Tensioner and now after 3,000 having to replace Timing Chain.

Were intending to order the new 2018 Juke AWD and have spoke to the sales team about it.As we love the Juke, but after this latest problem how loyal to a brand can you be? Downto Nissan to show loyalty to customers!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
My mileage has dropped over the last two(ish) years as my daughter passed her test and got both a job and her own car!

As my previous car lasted me 11 years (with more use made of him) I'm hoping to get another 7 years out of Juke Ellington.

Our Juke's driver's seats are a bit different from the UK made ones, and more robust I believe. My driver's seat is fine. Maybe yours has suffered from bloke's wallet syndrome (as had our Celica, most driven by my husband!).

·
Registered
407 Posts
Acrorat, I have nothing in that pocket as its Christmas.

Car now fixed with new Timing Chain Assembly, have told the dealership hope not to see them again until end of July for the MOT and service.

Now that the car has been serviced, 4 new tyres, new timing chain assembly, new front disks and pads. Ready for the winter.

Wife and I will most probably go for a front wheel drive manual 1.6 Dig T, when the updated Juke is available; because a son has a Juke front wheel drive and was able to get out of my daughter's 1 in 5 drive in snow. She lives in Rossendale in the middle of nowhere.
The manual/ CVT box is only available in the current Nissmo RS, AWD has normal CVT now. Must admit that we keep the car in variable AWD but have had several occasions over the years to us AWD in muddy fields, snow and black ice; brilliant response and felt save driving.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Timing chain & tenisoner

Trying to obtain further information about Nissan Juke 1.2 digt timing chains. Mines 2 years old been back to dealers so many time with tractor like noise, just my imagaination so they tell me! However now they are claiming there is an issue with the timing chain and tensioner not working correctly and Means a new engine but not new chain??!! Nissan have approved this no mention of any charge yet but need to know what other damage this could have caused? Is it ok to still drive the car? What do I need to be aware of? Anyone else having the same issues? Why have Nissan UK not recalled all vehicles and reprogrammed them so this issue is fixed?! It's a very thirsty car as well is this because of the issue?
Anyone offer any help it would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Our 2011 AWD had two timing chains replace within 5,000 mile of each other. Emailed the CEO UK Nissan to complain and both they and the dealership assisted in getting the job done, but the first bill was for £700.00, as the engine has to be removed which in it self caused problems with the steering lineament.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My much loved and Nissan main dealer serviced 62 plate Juke needs a new timing chain. Nissan UK have offered to cover the cost of part but still faced with a £700 labour bill. Not impressed, its only done 50,000 miles. Looking like this might be an issue with the Dig-T engine but Nissan not accepting liability. Any ideas on how to escalate my complaint? Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks
What year was the Juke?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts