Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I ordered my DCI Juke Accenta Sport in mid nov and I have just being told that it has been delayed until march, im not happy at all. I am seriously thinking about cancelling my order and buying a Mini OneD. The thing is I am not so convinced about the economy of Juke DCI, I test drove the mini d and I was chuffed to bits with the fuel economy I got from it. So I would like peoples thoughts and opinions please.
1. Actually how good is the Juke on fuel?2. What is the sort of mileage people are getting from a full tank?3. Has anyone done a long motorway run? If so what did you get?
Both cars have pros and cons,The pros on the Juke being better spec, cheaper (I get manufacturers discount), bigger, 5 doors. The cons are the fuel efficiency is not so good.
Mini pros - Great engine, extremely efficient, free road tax. Cons - Small, expensive (not much though), not a lot of standard kit.
The car will be spending most of its time on the motorway.
I'm really torn between these two cars, please help me....
Edited by: schmoo_smith

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Like the Mini, the wife is going for the One. Love the Juke, Have the 1.6 Petrol Tekna CVT.
Go with your heart, if you want fun there is only one answer.
How much difference is there in the cost price? Divide that by the extra fuel cost and if the difference is not that significant get the Juke.
Kudos counts.
12inch

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
**** thank you for your reply,
I'm sorry but for me its not about kudos, well maybe a little, its about having a car which has good economy, i'm almost obsessed with it. I admit I do love cars and like its to have Kudos but the fact I will be driving 390 miles a week plays a huge part...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hiya and welcome!!!

I have never had a mini so cant say

Have a Juke Dci and am not altogether happy with fuel consumption as it has dropped by 10MPG since I got it.

Trip meter (which is reset after each fill up) - showing 32 MPG although in saying that I got 390 from my last tank which would indicate as higher MPG than quoted

It also has to be said I drive in Glasgow daily - stop/start constantly with a 7 mile motorway trip home at night.... The engine is fab and will get you out of trouble

If doing a long motorway journey - I got 61 MPG initially now down to 51 MPg (have done 2.5K)

Confused??

Fee x

·
Registered
164 Posts
schmoo_smith said:
**** thank you for your reply,

I'm sorry but for me its not about kudos, well maybe a little, its about having a car which has good economy, i'm almost obsessed with it. I admit I do love cars and like its to have Kudos but the fact I will be driving 390 miles a week plays a huge part...
In that case shouldn't you be considering something like the VWGolf Bluemotion, which will allegedly get 75mpg?

·
Registered
39 Posts
schmoosmith, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I traded in a mini one for the Juke. I looked at the mini oneD and whilst it does win out on fuel economy it just didn't compare to my petrol one. In all honesty,The Juke won hands down for me. I have a dci I do 60 mile round trip every day. Two thirds Mway and one third on back roads. I drive it in both economy mode and sports and to be honest the computer reads 44 and bit MPG however when I do the manual calculation I have been getting nearer to 48mpg.

It is happy sat at 75/80 on the Mway just like the mini but, it does have the advantage of not feeling dwarfed by everything else on the road.

I loved my Mini but, it wasn't the most reliable. Mini gave me and extra 12mnths full warranty when the standard 3 years were up. (It had been that bad, a new clutch fly wheel, repeated aircon issues and oil leaks were just a few of the issues).

I love the Juke and it does me just fine. It looks good and it makes me smile when I drive it.

For me it was a choice between improved fuel economy and fun to drive or improved fuel economy, Fun to drive and improved practicality.

The Juke doesn't have as many customizable options yet... but there are less of them on the road than Minis so it's unique with out the need for customisation.

Happy decision making

Jukest3r
x

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Hi

I had a mini Cooper and only kept it for 6 months, I did not feel safe driving it on the motorway. Great for bobbing around in but not long distance.
Go with the Juke.
Good luck in your decision.
Kats

1 - 9 of 9 Posts