Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

Juke CNET Review

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  12Inchmick 
#1 ·
#7 ·
frenchFries said:
no no people, I mean the comment from the Mini owner (or Mini employee!?)
Yeah, that was so blatantly bull
that I'm hoping nobody's going to take it seriously.

On the bright side, the Juke is now seen as serious competition for not only the "mini" countryman, but also the mini cooper - a bigger, cheaper alternative for people who want a little personality in their car (and also don't want bad backs from getting into the thing).

#8 ·
acrorat said:
the guy did not start off well in his review:

"There are those who will tell you that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That it’s subjective. They are wrong. Ignore their post-modern psychobabble.

Beauty is objective. Great minds from Plato to Kant had it right. Need proof? The Nissan Juke. It is not, in any sense of the word, beautiful. In fact, one can definitively say it is the opposite."

Well I think it's a beautiful car, thus proving his first point wrong. It's like saying, "there are those who think flavour is subjective, they are wrong, it's completely objective and Marmite tastes revolting."

Plus subverting a widely accepted philosophy as he does would be textbook post modern psychobabble, no?

So I started off on the defensive and every typo and lack of edirorial input (I think you meant on-ramp dear boy) stuck out more than it probably should in an actually reasonable review... once you get past his complete lack of understanding regarding the unavoidably subjective nature of reviews.

People are gonna love Marmite, and people are going to think the Juke is beautiful. You can't tell them they're wrong.

Unless it's Marmite.

That stuff is disgusting.

#11 ·
Wraithen said:
acrorat said:

the guy did not start off well in his review:

"There are those who will tell you that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That it’s subjective. They are wrong. Ignore their post-modern psychobabble.

Beauty is objective. Great minds from Plato to Kant had it right. Need proof? The Nissan Juke. It is not, in any sense of the word, beautiful. In fact, one can definitively say it is the opposite."

Well I think it's a beautiful car, thus proving his first point wrong. It's like saying, "there are those who think flavour is subjective, they are wrong, it's completely objective and Marmite tastes revolting."

Plus subverting a widely accepted philosophy as he does would be textbook post modern psychobabble, no?

So I started off on the defensive and every typo and lack of edirorial input (I think you meant on-ramp dear boy) stuck out more than it probably should in an actually reasonable review... once you get past his complete lack of understanding regarding the unavoidably subjective nature of reviews.

People are gonna love Marmite, and people are going to think the Juke is beautiful. You can't tell them they're wrong.

Unless it's Marmite.

That stuff is disgusting.
Completely agree, people see beauty in different things.That guy also reads to brush up on his Plato, because i think he got the wrong end of the stick there.
Also, marmite is VILE!Unless of course its twiglets, still taste horrible but for some reason i cant stop eating them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.