Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car went into limp mode first thing this morning, I didnt even get out of my driveway.
Engine light on, reduced power and making a racket.

Called dealer service dept, who told me to call RAC. Their agent (local garage not nissan) called me back to say they would be recovering it back to nissan dealer (125 miles away).

I had to get a lift to work and back. When I got home, I turned juke engine over out of curiosity and it was fine. No engine light on etc.
I then called dealer service dept who said get it sent over anyway.
So its been uplifted to go back to Inverness tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I had to call RAC back and ask for courtesy car. They will deliver it tomorrow, but I only have it for three days

I also have to take the courtesy car back to Inverness and hopefully collect my Juke then. Apparently if I dont take it back myself (and ask them to collect it instead) they will charge me for 120 miles of fuel at an inflated price

What about the fact that when they deliver it there will be 120 miles of fuel already used? Seemingly that doesnt count!!

So first thing tomorrow I will be on the phone to the dealer. If my car isnt ready by tuesday then what?

Oh and luckily I'm off work on tuesday and able to drive to Inverness. After that I'm back at work until the weekend.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Poor you Marie - I am so gutted for you....

Seems a bit harsh that you are going to be so inconvenienced........ Doesnt sound good to me.

All I can say though is at least you were at home when it pegged out and not in the middle of nowhere....

Keep in touch and let us know what the problem was.

Good luck

Fee x

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fee.

I think its because I live so far from a nissan dealership that I'm being inconvenienced.
I'm getting a hire car from Alamo Inverness apparently.
Presumably if my car isnt fixed then the dealer has to extend my car hire at their expense or provide me with another car.

I dont really know to be honest, as I've owned several new cars over the years and never had an ounce of bother until now

Edited by: Marie

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
marie sorry to here the news, would like to think the dealer will supply a courtesy car for especially given your location etc, On a different subject can I ask how you are finding the fuel consumption on yours?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Deks,

Think I'm getting about 47mpg, mainly rural driving i.e. 50-70mph

·
Registered
101 Posts
My petrol has averaged just under 37 mpg since i have had it, most of my driving is commuting, stop, start so not bad

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry to hear your news. I think I was the first break down having to have the gearbox replaced after three weeks. I know how you must be feeling right now. Customer service left a lot to be desired and I am still waiting for my gesture of goodwill to be sorted which was promised in October. Hope you are reunited very soon and bond again quickly!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called the service dept, they cant find anything wrong so they have run a fault finder and sent it to sunderland i think

I mentioned that I need the esp fault (recall letter) sorted so could they fix that in the meantime at least.
So I'm waiting for a call to tell me if they can find the cause of the limp mode or not. Its a bit worrying that it may happen again.

Oh and I came home to find a peugot 308 hatchback at my door from the hire company. Had a quick spin round in it, and I dont like it much. I want my juke back

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok update.

They are ordering a part, I think they said a crank position sensor.
They hope to have it by tuesday.

I have no idea what it is but I hope it solves the problem

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
At least they know what it is....

Peugeot 308 - Could be worse - Could be a CUBE they had given you!!!!

Hope all goes well and you get baby back soon

Fee x

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol Deks, great minds think alike.
Just posted something similar in other thread

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Marie - something makes me think that your breakdown serves you right.......

**** mend you for saying such TERRRIBBBLLLEE things....

DEKS - your poor fuel consumption is also a message from someone for being so rotten...

I hope you both repent!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Marie said:
Lol Deks, great minds think alike.
Just posted something similar in other thread
Yes,Marie,Had noticed.The white Juke police will be coming for you anyday,just you watch.In fact,peer trough the curtains. Is that a white Juke parked under that lamp post across the street watching you ?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts