Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had my Juke for nearly 7 months now I am finding the boot space too small for my requirements.
The removable tray that holds the wheel jack and wrench seems such a waste of space.
I'm thinking of removing the tray and just putting the jack etc in the spare wheel area.
I just wondered if anyone knows of a liner or cover that is available to sit on top of my spacesaver wheel to cover it up.
If not I'll have to improvise with a piece of carpet.
At least I'll have double the storage place by removing that horrible tray!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
what about the boot liners they do either from Nissan or ebay, obviously it wont sit as flush and nice as it does on top of the tray but should work for you and look better than a piece of carpet,
although I would use the carpet aswell as extra material for soundproofing.

One thing by removing the boot floor and the trays I expect you will increase the amount of road noise you can hear.

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Deks I'm a bit concerned about increased road noise but hoping that something thicker like carpet might do a better job of lessening the noise than the thin liners I just viewed online.

·
Registered
164 Posts
jukearmy said:
Having had my Juke for nearly 7 months now I am finding the boot space too small for my requirements.
Oh dear, that's not good to hear. My No.1 main concern about the Jukeis thatthe bootwill be too small. I'm used to the Qashqai's cavernousboot!

·
Registered
873 Posts
The boot is pretty small, especially compared to the Audi A3 which had a fairly decent boot. It's one of the reasons I'm probably not going to be keeping the car after my finance finishes in 2 and a bit years.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yeh, and it hasn't been a problem so far as the seats fold down, but it's nice to have something bigger. I already know what my next car is going to be (specced up and everything!), and the boot isn't the only reason I'll be changing, but I'm not going to switch for a couple of years until the finance on the Juke is up.

·
Registered
912 Posts
This is something we looked at before choosing the Juke. The main concern was being able to get the wifes small mobility scooter in there, without having to drop the back seats. This is possible by first removing the fold up scooter seat, removing the scooter battery pack (which just clips on or off) and by folding down the steering column, it can quite easily fit in the boot. The under boot storage, where the spare wheel space is provided will hold three spare battery packsfor the scooter, each with a range of ten miles when fully charged. Handy when on holiday as we always have at least one spare kept fully charged.

There is only my wife and I who will be using the Juke, so we can do all our shoping by placing the bags on the back seat. For holidays, we can use the back seat for suitcases and other bags that we might need. If we end up bringing more stuff home than we went with, which is usually the case, we can always drop the rear seats for even more space. I agree the Juke boot is not very big for a family with children, if you need to take lots of luggage, but for two people, the Juke suitsour needs very well. Our siblings flew the nest many years ago!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have already done another thread on this. I took the tray out but kept the lid thingy and found the boot to be more than big enough. 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 week in france, all luggage plus bedding, towels and basic foodstuffs. Got my bags in thebottom with towels and bedding dotted about, put the tray back on a filled the top. I did lose the parcel shelf which is never good but as the windows are so heavily tinted it didnt matter.I was also worried about the boot space when I looked at the Juke. What I have done is buy new luggage to suit the car, instead of buying a car that suits my luggage.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Unfortunately, my telescope which I drive around occasionally doesn't fit in the boot without folding the back seat down, which is a bit annoying. It's close, but not quite.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Carlos Valderrama said:
I have already done another thread on this.  I took the tray out but kept the lid thingy and found the boot to be more than big enough.  2 adults, 2 kids, 1 week in france, all luggage plus bedding, towels and basic foodstuffs.  Got my bags in the bottom with towels and bedding dotted about, put the tray back on a filled the top.  I did lose the parcel shelf which is never good but as the windows are so heavily tinted it didnt matter. I was also worried about the boot space when I looked at the Juke.  What I have done is buy new luggage to suit the car, instead of buying a car that suits my luggage.
Is it just me our do other members read Carlos's posts in a spanish accent

Lj

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Is it just me our do other members read Carlos's posts in a spanish accent

Lj[/QUOTE]

I do it in a Colombian accent, blame my teachers

·
Registered
912 Posts
Now if the Juke had had a sun roof Stormrider, you could have had your own mobile observatory

I used to own a 8" Reflector, but gave up stargazing quite a while ago now. But still interested in the subject.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts