Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please could someone help, Do you know if the 1.5 dCi engine has boost info on the Nissan Dynamic control system, cant wait to get my baby Juke in November Acenta Premium in white/red whop whop...

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Well! reading through the manual last night... or rather 'scan' reading and looking at pictures I saw the I-CON unit shows the following: when you press 'sport' mode you have a 'power' graph which shows the current engine power/boost depending if you have a turbo or not. That's as much info as the manual says. So I don't think you'll get a numerical representation of the boost but the graph is pretty cool. Bear in mind you can't really look at this whilst driving.

The graph looks like this (click for video):

·
Registered
32 Posts
Only 1.6 petrol 117HP dont have boost info. 1.5 dCi and 1.6 DIG-T are TURBO engines...

·
Registered
142 Posts
the 1.6 has some kind of indicator though, I remember seeing it when I drove one, can't remember what it was telling me but it was pretty!!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
There's three graph modes on all Juke engine models on the I-CON unit (Nissan Dynamic Control Centre). So aslong as you get a Juke with I-CON you get the following graphs:

in 'Normal' you get a Torque graph & battery charge level

in 'Sport' you get a Power graph

and in 'Eco' you get a star rating for how econmically you're driving (bizarrely whenever I'm driving this rarely hits 5 stars :D)

Hope that helps!

All are pretty much unusable whilst driving unless you're the passenger!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi All,

For 100% confirmation... iamdabe is basicallycorrect, all the models with I-CON are the samethe only difference between the different engines is that the non-turbo 1.6 and diesel have 'Power' and the 1.6 Turbo has 'Boost'..

Additionally, the different modes affect different things depending on engine - summary as follows:

<Petrol>
Engine 'performance' - yes (actually just changes accel. pedal response)
Steering - yes (but subtle)
Climate - yes
(CVT) Transmission - yes

<Diesel>

Engine 'performance' - No
Steering - yes(but subtle)
Climate - yes
(CVT) transmission - N/A

Hope this is what you're after !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts