Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as most of you now know - I've had myJUKE for a week now. Here are some things I've found to be annoying to me so far.
1) It's all dark inside. Nothing lights up for you. The only controls that light up is where you lower/raise the front window. The headlight/foglight controls, windshield wiper controls, doorlocks, rear window controls, glove compartment,etc. are all part of what I'm talking about - they're all dark. Now keep in mind that I just traded in a 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse and everything on it would light up at night. I never had to hunt for anything in the dark. This being said, I'm sure that part of the problem is just a matter of me getting used to the JUKE. It's all new and it's all different for me. I did get my dealer to add the interior illumination to my JUKE and I am so glad that I did now because it most definitley helps with the darkness.

2) The glove compartment is rather large but the door to it has no sides so when you open the glove compartment, part of the contents fall out the sides of it onto the floor.

3) No center armrest - this is killing me because I am so used to having one. I'm ordering the aftermarket armrest as soon as it's available.

4) The cargo area needs something - like some sort of tray like the one that is underneath the cargo area. I went to get groceries last night and when I got home and opened the back - my groceries were everywhere and I had fruit that rolled right out the back onto ground.

Now I'm not complaining becasue I love my new JUKE. I'm just pointing out my own personal annoyances. I don't really consider them potential deal breakers.

Things I'm doing to fix these annoyances:

1) I've ordered a set of 3 small led push button lights that you just stick on. I plan on putting one of them in the glove compartment. That's probably the only place I will put one as I don't want to go overboard with stuff like that.

2) I'm ordering the aftermarket front center armrest.

3) I'm going to try and fix me something on the inside of the glove compartment door as a sort of barrier to keep things from falling from the sides.

4) I've been constantly looking for some type of cargo tray or cargo storageorganizer for the cargo area of the car.

I think these things will cure most of my annoyances and if there is anything else then I am sure that it's nothing that I just can't live with.

·
Registered
167 Posts
No.1 good idea
No.3 my wife usually fills up my glove with CD's I've told her that this car wont even see a CD, if she wants any tunes she can bring her Ipod touch
No.4 there is a boot liner you can get - will stop stuff rolling out - look for protection pack being sold by JOhn in the for sale section

but then makes it anoying to get at the lower boot compartment, as it doesn't fit to just lift easily like the boot lid

·
Registered
133 Posts
1)the wait, her indoors car is not due til may but i am sick of her going on and on about it. The worst thing is that her astra is probably going to go the distance in march so she will have to use my vx220 summer car for a few months. I will worry about it every day lol, nissan hurry up please!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi colourmeblue
thanks for you comments about the juke, quite useful for us to-be juke buyers:)
but i had the same issue when i test drive the car i did find the interior quite dark (tinted mirrors, no sunroof:().
how did u find the interior illumination? was it useful? does it light-up constantly during drive or does it only light up when you open the doors?

·
Registered
13 Posts
the sills, always dirty and difficult to not get your trousers/pants (for the yanks) dirty when getting in or out my only gripe so far

·
Registered
167 Posts
rl300 said:
hi colourmeblue
thanks for you comments about the juke, quite useful for us to-be juke buyers:)
but i had the same issue when i test drive the car i did find the interior quite dark (tinted mirrors, no sunroof:().
how did u find the interior illumination? was it useful? does it light-up constantly during drive or does it only light up when you open the doors?
the 3x interior lights on the roof only light up when door are opened, but turn off once engine starts

i think they are quite bright, but not had to mess around with anything in the back seats - so not personaly had a problem

the dash illumination is back lite, and quite bright, but when you turn on the head lights these automatically dim assuming its dark outside - you can overide the satnav brightness or leave it on auto, but you can't override the other dash buttons - so if you have your lights on during dusk or if you drive with lights on during the daytime then i can see why finding buttons would be harder than other times of the day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts