Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bloody **** just watching the pictures coming in from Japan, horrendous watching the tsunami going across the fields and towns and engulfing everything in it's path, could see cars and buses driving away but then getting caught by the water.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just like you watching the news it's just awful, the wall of sea just engulfing everything in it's way those poor poor peoplejust can't imagine what their going through, my heart goes out to them.

·
Registered
555 Posts
OMG Just watching now on sky news.
That is so scary ! I cannot imagine what they are going through right now.

·
Registered
873 Posts
The same thing may hit Hawaii and the west coast of American later today... trouble is tsunamis are undetectable in deep water so they won't know if it will hit until it hits

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am beginning to wonder, bearing in mind the awful situation the people in Japan are experiencing, whether, after waiting almost three and a half months, being told my Juke will arrive second week in May, that this is an omen to me to maybe look for an alternative?I cannot see Nissan in Oppama continuing operations for the foreseeable future!!I don´t want to and probably won´t look elsewhere because apart from all else, I have bought some goodies to install and that would be a complete waste really!I still have my RAV4, although it is sold, but the guy is willing to wait a bit longer, provided I knock some off the price, which I think is fair.I guess I just wanted to vent my feelings on the forum. So, if anybody wants to say "Ahhh, what a shame", that´s OK.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Pilgrim said:
I am beginning to wonder, bearing in mind the awful situation the people in Japan are experiencing, whether, after waiting almost three and a half months, being told my Juke will arrive second week in May, that this is an omen to me to maybe look for an alternative?I cannot see Nissan in Oppama continuing operations for the foreseeable future!!I don´t want to and probably won´t look elsewhere because apart from all else, I have bought some goodies to install and that would be a complete waste really!I still have my RAV4, although it is sold, but the guy is willing to wait a bit longer, provided I knock some off the price, which I think is fair.I guess I just wanted to vent my feelings on the forum. So, if anybody wants to say "Ahhh, what a shame", that´s OK.
Well watching it unfold over the day My / Our first thoughts are for the safety of all those affected.The Japanese people are of a very strong nature and are very well equipped to deal with suchcatastrophicevents, if not the best in the world.
GeographicallyOppama is fairly wellsheltered even though next to the coast so i hope the tsunami as not affected them.However the actual earthquake HAS !THEY WILL BOUNCE BACK WITH SPEED !The cars are the last thing these people will be thinking about and my heart goes out to them all !
God Bless them all !

Edited by: snout

·
Registered
15 Posts
The images are truly awful - I think its reasonable to anticipate that the true calamity of this event will only become evident in several days or weeks and while I hope the loss of life remains at the projected level I fear it will be way, way higher. The economic impact will be also huge and its probably not a good time to phone Nissan customer service for an update on delivery of an Oppama-built Juke.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My heart goes out to them when we saw those waves, the force of Nature just cannot be believed until you see it for yourself. Do we have any contact with Japanese forums?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
It really beggars belief the major catastrophes that have struck the World this year.

Floods, earthquakes, tsunamis....

Absolutely dreadful ---I hate to say it but a delay with a car pales into insignificance when you think of the loss of life.....Sorry you guys who are waiting all the same...

Thoughts and prayers are with these poor people

Fee x

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Checked on the internet and Nissan have said that all Japanese production has been suspended till 13 March pending further investigations.. Doesnt say anything about damage - just think they are making sure everything is ok...

Nightmare - really is terrible

Fee x

·
Registered
484 Posts
How heart breaking - condolences to Japan on such a sad day
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
796 Posts
watching Sky news here in Germany, watching the devastation and counting my blessings how blessed we are.

Thoughts go out to the lost and to the people whom have lost.

Our 4x4 Jukes "should" be not a concern right now, but I suppose to some of us, we feel frustrated. I for one feel frustration but at the same time I feel ashamed that I feel this way.

I am more than happy to wait out of respect and will not cancel my order.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts