Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ca anybody help? downloaded songs from my itunes into a memory stick but when I put into the juke it cannot see them. A friend tried it in his car (which is not a Nissan but a new car never the less) and it played them perfectly!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Doesn't itunes put some copy protection or something on it? I have no idea, I hate the program so tend to avoid at all costs, but I thought it was pretty bad for using proprietary formats.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi there..
For the Nissan Connect or Standard Audio to recognise music files on a USB stick they need to be in .mp3 format..
Not sure what iTunes does but it's most likely not .mp3..
Check the extension on the music files on the USB (i.e song.mp3) to see what they are...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just downloaded my memory stick from windows media player, WMA files works fine in my juke.
Info for all those who have iphones or ipods.
I don't like itunes at all, I load my iphone from Windows Media Player using this niffty programhttp://www.mgtek.com/dopisp/i find it much easier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that - have now downloaded songs from real player and it works fine - just annoying when I have my entire CD collection in I tunes !!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well that's iTunes for you. As with all things Apple they are specific. I think the format is .aac and not .mp3
You can convert them very easily with a simple prog you can download from the Net - or at least I could if I had any.
I wouldn't buy anything iTune, iPad, iPhone wise as you always have to stick to their format of connections and software etc.
Open source software and so on is the way to go. You don't have to pay for any of it and it is backed up by some major players now. I believe some big names are in for a hard time soon because with the advance of the Android operating system (which is probably behind the Juke computer) as well as most smartphones and tablets other than Apple stuff, it is all for our good coz the operating system is free!!!
You could download it today and start building your own software apps for your own electronic gizmo if you wanted. You'll never be able to do that with Apple stuff.
Sorry, going off on a tangent - must be hungry. You should be able to convert your whole iTunes library very easily to .mp3 if you want to.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Sony 'Media Go' is agood free download. It automatically searches for and converts your iTunes to MP3 format.Then it's a simple drag and drop to memory stick (or phone).

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
ITunes formats are whatever you choose them to be, it's that simple.
As a 15 year Maccer, I'd never, ever, use anything else.
Just burn an MP3 CD straight out of ITunes.
ENJOY :)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Converted to Apple iMac 27 last year as I was so pleased with my iPhone 16/3Gs. Also now have the iPad and 2 iPods in the house.
Not had a virus or trojan or needed to defrag or manage my disc in any way. Sublime. Works straight out of the box and fast. Be brave, change its worth it. Next best purchase after my Juke.
12inch

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
****, you may want to run Repair Permissions (Disk Utility) now and again to reset/remove outdated library and similar items (I do this religiously after a major software update). If you've never done one, it may take half an hour to complete. Then it's worth doing a Verify too.

Also, in Terminal, type the following :

sudo periodic daily weekly monthly

Press RETURN

It'll ask for your machine password, then run without showing anything in the console.

This just cleans out 'old' caches and such.

·
Registered
97 Posts
if your entire cd collection is in itunes surely you have a ipod why bother with a memory stick just wack in the ipod through the usb and away you go.

·
Registered
277 Posts
5523_Juke said:
Hi there..

For the Nissan Connect or Standard Audio to recognise music files on a USB stick they need to be in .mp3 format..

Not sure what iTunes does but it's most likely not .mp3..

Check the extension on the music files on the USB (i.e song.mp3) to see what they are...
True, itunes generally saves music in AAC format, unless you manually save in mp3.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Presently, using a transmitter, in my old car, I just play mine straight off the IPhone (or IPod), then the format doesn't matter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also connect my iPhone/iPod direct via USB no problems quite chuffed finally managed to workout how to shuffle. Only taken me almost 10 weeks lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.