Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went to the dealer today and picked it up. And........ fantastic. It really really is. Granted I've only done about 20 miles in it but it is great so far lol.

First impressions? The interior is lovely. It's quiet on the roads. I like the gearbox which is suitably clunky for me. The ride is stable but not firm and on the crap roads around me it feels great compared to my Yaris. Its just a nice place to sit if you ask me. Also the headlights are just plain awesome. They look so mean

Personal opinions. The air con is easy to use and seems really quite funky to me. The drive thingy (eco, normal and sport) is a bit of a gimick but there is a difference. Pull away at a round about in eco and I promise you will notice it. My advice is to find the setting that suits your style best and just leave it in that. I like the sat nav and the touchscreen works really well I think. Plus the rear reversing camera which I admit I thought I was never going to use was really handy in an asda car park at night. I was impressed by the clarity in the image.

Bad points? Non that I would call bad really but the wing mirrors are HUUUUUGE. Combined with the A-pillar some junctions are a bit awkward. You do need to lean alot.The MPG was a bit of a shock too but it is going up so hopefully it will be nearer to what im used to.

All in all I love it so far. It looks like nothing else, great kit and is just plain lovely to drive. Also the dealer was realy good tome. I explained in my "newbies" post the change in delivary date, he got me a good deal (so my father says) on the finance, threw in some official Juke mats and handed me the keys today with a full tank of petrol. Never messed me around and seemed like a decent bloke. WIll definatley recommend them.

Any questions I am happy to answer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well done in getting the mats & tank of fuel, my dealers were never gonna budge on those,
probably because i screwed him down to much on my Part ex!!
Really pleased for you mate, can't wait for tomorrow now!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Picked up my Force Red Juke 1.6 Acenta Premium this afternoon - I love it! Its a joy to drive and holds the road so well. People all around taking second looks at it (its so stunning looking). Big difference in driving between the different modes, ECO feels slow whilst Sport pulls away with no sluggishness at all. Im sure there will be big difference in fuel useage too between the modes but hey you got to enjoy the drive and Sport is my favourite. Cant wait to go to work tomorrow
Like a kid with my new toy - I want to show it off!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Don't forget to post your photo's and congratulations on your new arrivals!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats to allproud newJuke parents. Photos please!

Wonder If my dealer is going to throw anything in tomorrow, the full tank of fuel sounds good.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey hey,

So took it to work today and had most of the office sit in it. They all loved it and really liked the interior, especiallythe red,which suprised me as I think it's a love hate car. Somone didnt realise it had five doors untill sombody else opened the door for them!

One asked me how much so I got them to guess and said bear in mind it's got integrated sat nav, big wheels and bluetooth etc.

So theygo "well i've seen those reversing cameras on a (bmv or lexus cant remember) so..... £18,000?"

Ha ha ha. LOVE this car.

Anyway, photos this weekend I promise. Also, whats really great is that I have not seen another one on the road yet so it still feels really special.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Mate, Picked it up at about 6 this evening!!
Its amazing in't it! Posted some pictures in another post.
It looks like such an expensive looking car your right, esp with all the gadgets!
Rear camera is great at night too!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on picking it up bud. Told you it would be worth the wait. Your right about cam. I expected it to be a bit useless at night but its still great and got a good range on it too. Enjoy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might be being a bit thick here but were did you post your pics mightygoo?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahh found them now. Very nice. Good choice.

So then a day three update.

Took it out in the rain today and it handled lovely with the surface water. Only thing is if you open the boot after its been raining for a while it seem to drip on the the rear lights and splash into the boot. Not badly but I did notice it. The back seats fold down so quick and easy there brill. Plus becasue they fold flat there is loads of room. Really impressed with them.

Oh and, how daft am I, didnt realise it had a chrome exhaust tip thingy till I saw it all shiny when walking back to the car today.

Other than still not able to decide on wether the seat setting i've got is comfy or not it's going great. Enjoy yours if you got em.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So day four and back to the dealer to sort the handbreak out which just didt seem to be able to hold the car on any real incline. They sorted it and it's much better but still feels lose which i'l have to watch.

Also asked them about updateing the sat nav as it does not seem to recognise a few roads near us that, although new, have been there for a good 4-6 months now. Apparantly you can update it through the website. But when I said that in the booklet it says not to put it into a pc because it damages it she said she would find out on monday and ring me.

Anybody else know anything about this? Or is it just the car maker trying to get you to pay through them to update it?

So other than needing a wash thats it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts