Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks as of today my wife and I are waiting. We have been debating since September last year as to whether we would settle for the Juke. I joined the forum in October to see some disappointments had set in but, I was hopeful because our present car (Honda Civic hybrid) took six months but, we knew that up front.We looked at a choice of eight different makes and models and it came down to a choice of getting the Juke or if there were going to be problems at order time we would walk away and consider either the Honda Insight, Suzuki SX4 or perhaps a Hyundai Santa Fe.
We test drove the 1.6 Acenta back in September and liked it but, both agreed that the 4x4 was the one to go for as I really need an automatic and we both wanted a small 4x4. So, we had agreed to that and couldn't get to the dealer till today because of weather and other commitments. We still got a test drive of the 4x4 today even though we had said we would order. It is a nice car and will suit us well.
We ordered the Juke today, a 1.6 Tekna 4WD/CVT in Pearly White (would have preffered solid white but, as you will know it is not available on this grade). We got £500 off as we were not part exchanging and might still get something else thrown in but, the sales person did not commit himself.
At the time of ordering we were quite clear that we cannot afford to be without a car at all if it looked like delivery was going to run past the expected delivery time. We were given assurance that there would be a courtesy car available for the time we are without as I need a car because of a long term illness that prohibits me from using public transport to any degree other than perhaps a train.
Just before we came away we asked for this back-up of a courtesy vehicle to be confirmed in writing which was agreed.
So now we are in the same position as a lot of others with a May delivery date. My wife's birthday is in May so that will be nice if it arrives at that time.
I wander if they can gift wrap???

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Dougal,
Glad youve signed on the dotted line, 4 Months cant be bad, you'll probably beat mine!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Withers, it was a joint effort.. I got the techie bit but, my wife had the all important job of choosing the colour. She will have a brand new sponge all ready to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts