Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great news everyone!

My baby's at the dealer!

I had to go sign the paperwork tonight and took a few pics.

Frustratingly, the thing holding back getting it is the insurance - Direct line are going to be slow, so here's a question - has anyone used a company for temporary cover before, and if so, were they any good? Or should I just use this to change insurer? Edited by: Wraithen

·
Registered
58 Posts
My dealer gave me a number to ring to arrange free 7 day insurance with aviva. The documenation gets sent to them also to sort out the road tax. It was done in less than an hour! Try asking your dealer if they do similar.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Took delivery today.
1.6 Acenta CVT Force Red
Ordered 7th October 2010 finally got my hands on it 14th April 2011.
Lovely and smooth,seems the dog's b******* so far.
This is the first CVT my dealers have managed to process.
Cannot sing the praises of West Way Nissan Wolverhampton enough an excellent service and a special thanks to Andy Freeman.I know he was only doing his job but he certainly excelled in it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yorkshireblonde said:
My dealer gave me a number to ring to arrange free 7 day insurance with aviva. The documenation gets sent to them also to sort out the road tax. It was done in less than an hour! Try asking your dealer if they do similar.
I asked about this, he said his manager doesn't let them do it, or words to that effect.

Pain in the backside.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Great news on your car, Wraithen. Nissan are supposed to give you 7 days free insurance with Aviva. You just ring the number your dealer gives you and quote a code. Aviva then update the system so the dealer can see you're covered and he can then sort out the road tax.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd heard people talk about that on here - and specifically asked for it when they said Direct Line wouldn't fax through my certificate. But the dealer told me they didn't do that. I've now paid for a few days with aviva and emailed them my certificate. We'll see what happens, but I have to take my rental back tomorrow and it would be nice to be able to drive around in my new car.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I did

I asked my dealer to organise the 7 day cover for me and he did it while I was there (with Nissan Insurance). For info the car is now insured with Tesco for £245/year with protected Non Claim and £100 excess, 10 years non claim though me good boy

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
seems every other dealer is happy to give out loan cars and free insurance - at least my car is coming with wheels.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
another temp insurance certificate bought and I'm picking it up tomorrow... fingers crossed.

Here's hoping they fill up the tank as agreed because aviva's had all my petrol money!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After a level of fuss I never thought possible with the finance company... I have my car!!!!

So worth the wait (but not a completely new thread). Now I need a new signature

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You mock the trolley but it got great mileage and pulled the chicks better than the batmobile!

Ok, now I've put the rubber mats in (70 miles and there was already dirt on the carpet) and I'm loving the arm rest (thanks again John for all of those... Everyone, buy from that man) now I need to not go for another drive before I have to go pick up the wife.

Maybe we need more milk.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts