Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was like christmas come early, I will post more pic's later, still playing with all the gismo's ,

·
Registered
754 Posts
Is your name Dave? I read your number plate as We Go Dave, unless that's a coincidence.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many thanks for the posts and yes silverjuke my name is dave 7 my mrs is called wendy hence WE at the start

·
Registered
202 Posts
It looks good there Dave...One question though, can you choose the letters for your plate?I thought that you could only choose the last three letters, if they were available, and the first two letters were assigned geographicly.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
AGLImages said:
It looks good there Dave...One question though, can you choose the letters for your plate?I thought that you could only choose the last three letters, if they were available, and the first two letters were assigned geographicly.
what you do is go to DVLA website and buy what you like if its available

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah deks36 is right bought it from DVLA £399, Tried lots but all out my price bracket ,

·
Registered
754 Posts
initial 60 initials work well and are often cheap because only having one initial at the front is from the old sequence rather than current plates. so A60 ABC will be cheaper than AC60 ABC.
(Or go for A61 ABC and it will look brand new in a year's time.)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
silverjuke said:
initial 60 initials work well and are often cheap because only having one initial at the front is from the old sequence rather than current plates. so A60 ABC will be cheaper than AC60 ABC.
good idea but some early prefix plates dont go that high on numbers
then i think you can only get certain ones like 60 600 etc etc

worth searching and kind of wish i had done that now rather than the one i have purchased

i have OF 60 WEE shall be fixing it to car with coloured screw right thru the 6 so it looks like a G

·
Registered
69 Posts
deks36 said:
silverjuke said:

good idea but some early prefix plates dont go that high on numbers
then i think you can only get certain ones like 60 600 etc etc

worth searching and kind of wish i had done that now rather than the one i have purchased

i have OF 60 WEE shall be fixing it to car with coloured screw right thru the 6 so it looks like a G
Just watch with this as I was stopped by the police and told to change the plate as it is illegal to alter the plate in such a way. I know of another guy who did the same - put a screw to change the look of a number and was told its a no no.
It costs you 60 quid fine for each plate if given a fine.
This includes altering the spacing and the font. (however I have changed the font to one which is almost the same but looks better and got away with it)

Also 61 plates won't be out yet as they are next years edition. You cannot put a newer number on an older car either. So a 61 on a 60 plate is a no no. DVLA check this when they assign the number.

saying that lots of options on the dvla site and sure you will get something to suit you. It is amazing how a letter or a number can hike the price up though.

The DVLA site is very easy to use and you can spend hours fiddling with letter and number combinations. Good luckEdited by: tchr1975

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
i got your point on altering but its only a fixing screw plate wont be altered in anyway
the previous person was talking about buying a prefix with 61 as number as at a glance it will look like your car is new not actually buying current style 61 plate
ie as he said A61ABC prefix as opposed to AB61ABC current

·
Registered
754 Posts
Also 61 plates won't be out yet as they are next years edition. You cannot put a newer number on an older car either. So a 61 on a 60 plate is a no no. DVLA check this when they assign the number.
True, but the trick is to get A61 ABC rather than AB61 ABC; at quick glance it looks like a new car but really A61 ABC would have been the issue of 1983.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts