Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

Itermittent fault car wont start

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ozma 
#1 ·
Around 1 in 6.... 1 in 10 times I put key in the ignition and turn to start the car it just goes click and the engine doesnt turn over, I take the key out put it back in the engine will turn over but wont start, pulling key in and out 5 6 7 times eventually it will start, this happens with both keys. Ive got it booked in to be looked at, could it be as simple as the keys need recoding. Anyone got any other idea's what could cause this ?Edited by: Fontie

#3 ·
deks36 said:
sounds like immobilser issue  should be an easy fix fontie.Guessing you haven't taken it back to supplying dealer.
No chance on this earth would I go back to the supplying dealer haha I would rather stick my own head down the toilet and flush it. Its going to another dealer thats close to me. I just hope I can recreate the issue when I take it to them, your probably right deks I didnt think of the immobilser.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.