Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum, am currently in a serious stage of new car hunting - its a long story so shall keep it short(ish). Until very recently I was looking at a Qashqai but am thinking/hoping a Juke might be more up my street?

I really (really) don't want to sell my Smart Brabus Xclusive but have just returned from 2 weeks on the Isle of Mull with yet more 'damage' - this time I ripped the front spoiler off the car and herein lies my problem. My 1,200 mile round trips to Mull are becoming more frequent and eventually hope to relocate there. Its mainly single track, no dualled roads and just 1 roundabout. Much has been resurfaced recently and I know where most of the potholes are now lol. The Brabus struggles with even small sleeping policemen and should check the tides when booking the ferry (3" clearance on the chargecooler rad).

So, back to the Juke, why am I looking at one? I 'need' something that can cope with most weather, it has to be able to leave the road (2 wheels) and return without issue (sometimes a 9 inch drop from tarmac to grass/stone so not sure I need 4WD?). Boot space isn't a major issue but would be doing a fair amount of mileage with smallish exhibitions (still need to get my tape out to dbl check stuff).

MPG might be a downer for me as am currently returning 56.7MPG!

Am off to go read more reviews so may be back with more Q's later but loving the look of the Juke more and more.

Laters,
Andi

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
meaga-byte said:
good god Cuilan, never seen so much advertising in a single post before lol
Saw it whilst at work and thought 'whooppee' a reply to my post - was happy for a moment as it was visited by a spammer with plenty to say :)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Okay, let me see if i can answer some of your questions :D
( i know what its like when u get a reply and get all excited untill you read it hehe)

"Much has been resurfaced recently and I know where most of the potholes are now lol. The Brabus struggles with even small sleeping policemen."

The Juke will cope with any speed bump and sleeping policemen and has a very large ground clearance. Just yesterday i was able to get under the Juke and have a look at the suspension springs without the use of a jack.

So, back to the Juke, why am I looking at one? I 'need' something that can cope with most weather, it has to be able to leave the road (2 wheels) and return without issue (sometimes a 9 inch drop from tarmac to grass/stone so not sure I need 4WD?).

This is a little worrying as a 9inch drop is HUGE. Thats more than half the size of the tyre! So whether you need the 2wd or 4wd will depend not on the drop of the curb but on the ground you will be travelling over when "off road". The QQ is higher and physically bigger than the juke so with those kinds of drops the juke might be a touch to small. But saying that you might be looking for a landrover hehe.

Boot space isn't a major issue but would be doing a fair amount of mileage with smallish exhibitions (still need to get my tape out to dbl check stuff)

The Boot in the Juke is rather small when just using the top "shelf" however, if u take out the storage tray and gubbins under the shelf then it prety much doubles in size.

as for MPG. You say you are used to 57. Well i have the 1.6 turbo petrol and am getting abut 32-35MPG so i think you will be looking at the diesel version. Saying that, it will depend on the millage u are doing. Diesel comes into its own on long journeys, where as the petrol is better for short hops.

There ya go, something to read and click that thank you button about hahaha :DEdited by: meaga-byte

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
txs for the reply MB and yes, nice to see a proper reply rather than spam ;)

You know what us blokes are like, the 9 inches is more like 4 lol. There are a few scary places but am sure the Juke would handle most of them :) Am pretty sure any new car would have more space in it than the Brabus and owners can get quite clever with packing. Coupecruiser on here also owns a Smart Roadster and managed to drive to the UK and camp for 2 weeks with a passenger! (Hi Wilson if your reading).

Yes, I've been spoilt with the mileage I've been getting - there are not many cars around that are sooo much fun and economical ;)

Forgot to mention, the car would be on the motability scheme so another factor would be just how much money do I want to give upfront (would I really need keyless entry lol).

Thanks given ;)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
hehe fair enough. As for keyless entry? its fun but i do sometimes miss the old key method. With the bush button start, when u turn off the engine it kills everything as if you turned the key and pulled it out! were as if u had a key and killed the engine you often still have the ignition on therefore being able to wind up the windows. were with mine, if the windows are down u have to push the button twice again and once for a third time once the windows are up lol. So keyless can be nice but not great. i think the tekna also comes with leather seats that i might add are bloody cold in winter! or even a cold morning haha. i think thats the main difference between the top and the next one down. Oh and the different alloys but thats negligible :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
txs for the headsup on the keyless entry - maybe not as wise an extra as first thought. Currently have heated leather seats, something I can live without (can't take the roof off in the winter lol) so just need to convince Natalya that she doesn't either lol.If that works the top of my shortlist would be a 1.6 Acenta Premium Pack (well, until tomorrow anyway).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts