Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last!!!!!!!
Confirmed delivery date at last, dealer emailed to say it will be ready for me to pick up on 6th November, unfortunately I can't do that Saturday, so I thought that as the showroom is open on a Sunday I could get it then?
Any reason why sunday would be a problem?

(All assuming the V5 for the part ex arrives here soon and the retention certificate.)

·
Registered
575 Posts
About time

Speak to your dealer of course, but from experience most dealers run on limited staff on a Sunday so Sunday pick up isn't usually an option

·
Registered
142 Posts
usually I agree, but I'm sure they would be able to swing it for you, especially as they don't get paid til you collect it

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've emailed the dealer, suggesting sunday. I'll see what they say. If not sunday then it'll have to be monday.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i would have thought that as long as the car is PDI'd Taxed and insured and all finance (if any) is passed - there wouldn't be a problem

I would also have thought that a successful delivery would be a bonus to the dealer.

Fee x

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
feefeeglasgow said:
i would have thought that as long as the car is PDI'd Taxed and insured and all finance (if any) is passed - there wouldn't be a problem

I would also have thought that a successful delivery would be a bonus to the dealer.

Fee x
So would I but who knows....
Sorting finance myself, so paying by debit card shouldn't be a problem on a Sunday.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealers got back in touch. Sunday collection is no problem and the sales manager is working that Sunday, so all good.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I’ve paid for a car by debit card before, was advised to tell bank that you are making a big purchase so it does not flag up possible fraudulent use of card.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Good call - banks fraud teams are doing all sorts of mad things just now. Used my debit card 5 times on Sunday for Crimbo shopping and discovered later that they had put a stop on my card - pending an investigation. They wanted to check with me that card was used by me and not someone else.. Fair play to them.. rather that than not at all....

Fee x

·
Registered
206 Posts
You can pay by debit card now?
It used to have to be bankers draft, how times change

·
Registered
575 Posts
Most dealers won't accept bankers drafts now as there has been widespread fraud on bankers drafts. The biggest trouble with cheques is the contrary to popular opinion, they can take upto 30 days to actually clear, even though most banks make funds available within 3 days. That means the cheque can "clear" so the dealer parts with the goods, only to find the money clawed back 15 days or so later. The same can happen with a fake bankers draft

1 - 14 of 14 Posts