Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ive had my Juke for 3 weeks now and the ipod connection is doing my head in. Plug in works fine and head unit decects it fine. I then go through the menu and select a album i would like to listen to enter the sub menu which asks all songs or you can select one. I select all songs as i want to listen to the whole album.

This is were the problem occurs as most of my albums are compilations of various artists the Juke System decides to sort the songs by artist in alphabetical order instead of playing them in the order they should be played in the album which is how they are ordered on my ipod. I have been through i tunes and checked they all have track numbers on Which they do yet it still sorts them alphabeticaly. I have tried using both my ipod and i phone and it does exactly the same on both. Reverts to alphabetical order

Most of you are probably thinking that its something to do with the sorting options on my i pod but i had a qashqui with the connect system before the Juke and on that it would play them in the correct order not alphabeticaly.

Please Help Me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Andy!

Not sure what the problem is but I will ask if you have a 4th Gen iPod?

My juke Connect worked fine with my 3rd Gen but since I upgraded to a new 4th Gen it always plays the same tracks in the same order which is alphabetical & the shuffle function doesn't seem to work
Dealer told me to try to start playing a song on my iPod before I connect & this solves the problem until you stop the car. Once you restart it just reverts to the same album plays the same songs alphabetically

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Juke clearly doesnt enjoy your taste in music Andy

But maybe set up a playlist and turn off shuffle, not sure if this would have much of a difference but it is something you could perhaps try.

Edited by: Matthew8

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for the suggestions. I do have a 4th gen ipod and i phone 4 and both do the same but i have worked a way round the stupid system that the juke seems to have. Its all about sorting options in i tunes. When you get the info for a song in i tunes it has a sorting section. In this tab there are different sections for sorting ie song, artist, album, composer. All of my songs previously had nothing entered in any field except composer but had all the rest of the track info just not in the sorting fields. So in effect the juke system was being to clever for its self it was sorting by Album then artist instead of going album track number.

The way to get around it is in the sort album section put the album name this allows you to search for an album on the car menu. Then to get the album to play in the correct order in the sort artist field insert the same letter for all the songs on that album. For example in the sort artist field put the letter "A". This then in essence confuses the jukes system because it cant sort them by artist any more as they all have the same one so it then goes to track number. Dont worry the name of the artist on the head unit will still be the name you have in the artist field.

I dont know if that made any sense as i just came off a 10 hour night shif and im a bit tired. If it needs explaining any more just comment and i will try to be a bit clearer

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is one of the Juke system failings. I would like for it to shuffle between all songs on my iPhone, but it won't. It will only shuffle the songs on one album at a time. This is the only thing about the car that I'm really disappointed about. Too bad system software or something can't revise this.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Mine does shuffle between all songs, If you press mix on the screen once it shuffles the album, if you press it again it will mix all songs. K

·
Registered
50 Posts
Kats said:
Mine does shuffle between all songs, If you press mix on the screen once it shuffles the album, if you press it again it will mix all songs. K
I'll give that a try; thanks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Theres an icon of three lines which indicates shuffle between songs and album...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Kats said:
Yes, that works! Excellent!!
Now my Juke is PERFECT!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts