Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm connecting my iphone 4 through USB and using it to play my music through the nissanconnect. Its driving me nuts as the music keeps "jumping" like an old record. I'm guessing its a trip back to the dealers, but anyone else had the problem?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
i use a usb stick with music loaded on had no problems at all, remembers what last track played was even after i remove and re insert it. only thing i have had to get used to is when the music goes silent for a second its because i have had a text as it doesnt show this on the connect system

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it might have been a text earlier, but was doing it this evening on the way home and had no texts. It might just be me and ipod connectors. My Kuga had to go back several times and the Scirocco had the headunit replaced by VW because of a problem. Got that horrid here I go again feeling (unless someone can come up with something)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Have you tried another iPhone to see if the problem goes with the phone or the audio? I have Nissan Connect and iPhone 3GS - works like a dream...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, tried a different ipod and also tried a different cable. Still doing it. Also cuts out when the engine is started if bluetooth is on now! If I know yours is working fine, I'll give my dealer a call Monday

·
Registered
443 Posts
We have Had some old I pods not conect because of there software.that was on QQ.As far as the connect in all the other cars same system ,only had one fult with a Note.and that was the gps antenna.

·
Registered
231 Posts
clivet said:
Have you tried streaming opposed to a hard connection?
That would have been my first question also!!

Also check that the usb connection is not clashing with the bluetooth music streaming settings, one may be stopping the other working. My HTC became erratic when I tried the 3.5mm jack, the 2 signals clashed, now we just use the bluetooth - works perfectly.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi - Thanks for all your replies. It went into the garage today and my Nissanconnect system is faulty. The dealer is getting authorisation from Nissan to replace as cost is over £500!

·
Registered
199 Posts
yep my ipod connect system is doing the same, now my ipod won;t even play music via usb now, keeps saying usb device detected?
wonder if i should be contacting my dealer?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had an issue in my previous car, where the song would skip and jump to the next track when I went over a severe bump. The solution: had "shake" to select next random track "on". Turned that off. Problem solved!

·
Registered
26 Posts
darex said:
I had an issue in my previous car, where the song would skip and jump to the next track when I went over a severe bump. The solution: had "shake" to select next random track "on". Turned that off. Problem solved!
Thats the kind of thing I would have ended up going back to the dealer for then looking stupid!

·
Registered
199 Posts
darex said:
Nice one i was seriously thinking about going back to nissan with my connect jumping all the time when i played stuff via my ipod, shake is now off and it works a treat, never jumped once..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Glad it worked for you too.

I have a partial solution to my issue about incoming calls being disconnected while playing songs via USB. On the phone itself, it's possible to redirect the call to the car, once it's knocked off, without losing the call. The top-right on-screen button handles this and gives you three options. The first option is "connect to My Car", or something like that.

I have read that some people have been able to stream audio via bluetooth on the Juke from their iPhones, but I haven't figured out how. Help?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi darex... easy one..
It depends which audio unit you have for the exact procedure, but basically once the phone is paired via Bluetooth, simply select Bluetooth (BT Audio) on the audio unit and press play on the phone.. (with Connect system it's the AUX button you need to press)
You won't have any control over the phone from the steering wheel buttons (or audio unit) so I prefer to stream via USB... then you can control the music selection etc. and it charges up at the same time !
Hope you work it out OK...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Since using the Juke's Connect System, I've left my phone in the car by accident nearly every single time, because sitting in that dark recess, I just don't see it. I realize quickly that I don't have it, but I feel so stupid forgetting to remove my phone every single time! Sad!

I'll try out what you suggest. I too doubt I'll use it often, due to the lack of charging and steering wheel controls, but it'd be nice to have the option on occasion to not plug it in when my battery is fully-charged and perhaps when my distance driving is short.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ummmm!!! I have had some issues with My Iphone not working after having received or made a call. I have had ITuines issue with it and just put it down to the phone getting on abit. Now however I am wondering if it is something else... I think it may just be the phone though as my husbands iPod Nano works no problem.

·
Registered
873 Posts
darex said:
Since using the Juke's Connect System, I've left my phone in the car by accident nearly every single time, because sitting in that dark recess, I just don't see it. I realize quickly that I don't have it, but I feel so stupid forgetting to remove my phone every single time! Sad!
I have a cradle for my phone in the lower right corner of the windscreen - ie, right in my face when I leave the car - and i am constantly forgetting to take the phone out after a journey!
Edited by: Stormrider

·
Registered
22 Posts
My itunes on the i phone 4 jumped while driving. I recently upgraded the iphone 4 software the last time I was on the pc and they claim the upgrade stops jumping when the iphone isconected in cars via usb. Since then I have had no problems so it may be the old software and not nissan connect.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts