Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here and waiting on my car !! (not alone there !) So planning ahead to fill in the wait !
Seems to be a few options for this! Ipod socket to usb or earpiece socket to jack plug (or other combos) ! What have you guys got, and where did u get yours? Been looking online and prices vary a lot !

·
Registered
754 Posts
If you plug ipod socket to usb you get your playlists in the screen. If you use the aux port you don't.

·
Registered
39 Posts
silverjuke said:
If you plug ipod socket to usb you get your playlists in the screen. If you use the aux port you don't.
The usb also charges the ipod and pauses the ipod when you switch off the power.

I have an iPod kit in a Merc and also now in our Juke. The Nissan implementation is far better.

I've now put my iPod in the glovebox (out of sight of the tea-leaves).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use my ipod but can't get the A-Z seach to come up on screen as it shows inthe manual. tried with a USB stick as well but same problem. Has anybody else managed to find this?

·
Registered
40 Posts
What have people's experiences been with the iphone?? And I mean for the music side of things, rather than the phone side of it (which presumably connects via bluetooth).

·
Registered
175 Posts
IPhone 3GS 16GB- no problems at all. Phone via BT and audio through the USB... Audio will play via BT but you can't contol the music from the audio unit in the same was as you can when you usethe USB.. (plus it charges) -I have the Nissan Connect (navi) audio..

·
Registered
58 Posts
just got a 75mm long iphone cable from ebay so you can lay the phone just under the usb port without having a cable hanging down by ya feet...

·
Registered
39 Posts
westmidsjuke said:
Was it easy to get the IPod lead from the USB output into the glove box?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
It was straightforward. I drilled a hole in the black of the glovebox - large enough for the USB end of the lead to fit through. I inserted a rubber grommet in this hole with the Ipod cable passing through it.

If you reach up behind the glovebox, you can easily reach the back and feel where the cable will exit. I used the bottom right hand corner of the glovebox for the hole. Once the cable is out of the back of the glovebox is was easy to hide it up to the USB port in front of the gearstick.

Now all that can be seen is the USB plug and about 2cm of cable (I used a black one so it is not too obvious. The rest of the cable is hidden. Inside the glovebox, you only see the Ipod end of thecable. The Ipod will live in there permanently.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All good stuff guys ! Short lead is definately my preferred option ! Also gonna try the usb stick as well ! When I eventually get the car !!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Very slightly off-topic, but I don't suppose anyone has tried to plug in a USB hub or something have they?? Wondered if I could have a hub in, then have a USB key plugged in permanently, and also plug in my iphone when I need it charging etc.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Haven't tried it but it's in an awkward position. Technically it would work but you have to have the right hub as it's a bit of a fumble.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Other option for connection is picking up a retractable cable - tis handy for keeping things tidy, yet at same time not fumbling around behind the gear stick trying to plug in the connector. Picked one up via Amazon for £3.99

·
Registered
575 Posts
Picked the car up today, and they didn't supply an ipod cable, which I wasn't too impressed with! Went into their parts shop and they reckon Nissan don't do an ipod lead???????
I'll get one from elsewhere as I want a shorter one than my standard ipod lead, but what are Nissan thinking (unless my dealer is talking rubbish)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts