Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am impressed with the iPod integration in our Juke Acenta Sport - it works really well.

However, I wish the USB connection was in the glovebox, so I could keep the iPod out of way and not in view.

I looked at a way of getting the cable from the USB into the glovebox, but I was wondering if anyone else has already achieved this and, if so, whether there are any tips to make it easy?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Why not just buy a USB extension lead?

You can get them in 1m lengths, which would take you right into the rear of the glove box.
Mind you, you would also need to run the power in there as well - could be a lot of hassle.

Andy

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I am no techno head but I put all my music on a usb stick which i leave in the car works perfect for me all albums are listed in order easy to navigate thru the connect system.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
andytran said:
Why not just buy a USB extension lead?

You can get them in 1m lengths, which would take you right into the rear of the glove box.
Mind you, you would also need to run the power in there as well - could be a lot of hassle.

Andy
You don't need power; the power comes through the USB.

My real question is; Is there an easy way to get into the rear of the glove box?

With the iPod, you get the functionality to choose artist, album, playlist etc - all via the controls on the head unit. Great functionality.

·
Registered
23 Posts
thornton said:
I am impressed with the iPod integration in our Juke Acenta Sport - it works really well.

However, I wish the USB connection was in the glovebox, so I could keep the iPod out of way and not in view.
Agree totally - was loaned a new Note the other day and was very impressed, both with the Nissan Connect Ipod integration and also that the Aux input is neatly concealed in a console in the upper dash.

That said I have found that a retractable USB cable does just the job keeping everything neat and tidy and the IPOD does sit fairly well in the wee rubber tray in front of the gear lever.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Got a glovebox USB in my Leon and find it a pain in the backside. I've got an iphone and want to take it with me so having it in the centre console is miles easier

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry, I know this is an old thread but I'm a newbie and not got my Juke yet so can't find out for myself.Can you play AAC files from a USB stick?I too would want to keep my ipod out of sight but I hate cables in view. All my music is in AAC format (70Gb worth) and in my Civic, the only way to play them is via iPod.Thanks

·
Registered
873 Posts
When I got the car, I wanted to fit a power extension lead to the top right of the dash, where my phone sits in a cradle. I gave up on the idea after deciding it would be too difficult... would require a panel mounted switch and USB port, and then the appropriate cables and adapters to a 12V supply somewhere... decided it probably wasn't worth touching it!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
ThinWhiteJuke said:
Sorry, I know this is an old thread but I'm a newbie and not got my Juke yet so can't find out for myself. Can you play AAC files from a USB stick?
You can convert AAC to MP3, provided the files aren't protected, and bung them on a memory stick, or two sticks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
acrorat said:
ThinWhiteJuke said:
Sorry, I know this is an old thread but I'm a newbie and not got my Juke yet so can't find out for myself. Can you play AAC files from a USB stick?
You can convert AAC to MP3, provided the files aren't protected, and bung them on a memory stick, or two sticks.
Thanks acrobat, just the thought of converting so many tunes makes me dizzy. I'll go with the wire to the glove box I think. Thanks for you response!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I would have thought that if the system reads AAC files from the iPod then it should be able to play them from a USB stick too - maybe not. I ain't got my Juke yet either so can't confirm for you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought my wife the latest Nano Ipod in red to match the interior, quite close match. It sits on the little shelf and is attached by an extending usb cable. Very neat as it is only 40mm square and it lives in the Juke all the time.

It works very well and very similar to the way an Ipod normally works.

Older Ipods are available on ebay. I think they are updated like mobile phones. I know we have five different ones at home. I would have thought a cheap second hand one would be a better solution than converting files and putting on a memory stick.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi I was going to do the same but decided to buy the smallest 16gb pen drive I could and I couldn't be happier with the result really easy operation through the connect system plus never have to pull it out and you can't really see it at all

·
Registered
873 Posts
About £50 for the 32gb version, but I have the 8gb one as well which was a lot cheaper (use that on my keyring as an actual flash drive)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 1px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 1px; margin-bottom: 1px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">I been sorted all my music on a memory stick this week. Been finding a lot of my music was in .M4A format, so been converting it to MP3.Just like the idea that you can leave the data stick in place and will look tidy.I did buy one of these

but it HUGE! so went with a nice small 32g stick

1 - 20 of 23 Posts