Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just got my Juke Acenta 1.6. Obviously it doesnt come with connect and so no sat nav. I have sat nav on my iPhone 4 but need to be able to see it.

Im happy if using my iPhone for music with keeping it under the front control think beside the USB. But if I want to use it for sat nav, not that much really I want a mount.

I don't really like windscreen mounts, and the car vents look to small and fiddly for a car vent so maybe a dash mount type is best.

Has anyone got one? Suggest one? Or tell me what they do for iPhone sat nav

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 1px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 1px; margin-bottom: 1px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">was trying not to have a windscreen mount, as I think there a bit ugly, that one looks not to bad, without too long a neck on though.
Anyone else?
Also what Sat Nav software is best on iPhone please? I have NDrive at the moment but its not supported anymore. Tom Tom seems best but is very expensive at £50

·
Registered
195 Posts
MrMan,

I have the Iphone 4 and on it I have a free Sat Nav which gives you turn by turn directions with voice and Postcodes for directions, I had it on the yesterday at the same time as my sat nav in the car (Connect) and the free sat nav was quicker with the directions and it has a better map on screen, its called "nav free", download it and try it and again yes its free.

JOW

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've got CoPilot on my iPhone. Works OK, better than my old TomTom. Suffers from the same as all SatNav, maps are slow in being updated when new roads are built, but used in France, Ireland and UK and got me from A to B very well.

Brodit do 2 mounts for the Juke, one is for between the gear stick and the glove box, the other fastens to the column between the windscreen and drivers window. http://www.car-mounts.co.uk/proclipselect.asp
They cost about £16 PLUS the phone holder

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've used nav free and skobbler lite and found them to be perfectly acceptable though not with the most intuitive interfaces. Definitely better than spending the money on the Tom Tom app though!

As for a different mount - there was a thread started here which might be useful to you. Still not sure how it works, but there might be an iphone attachment which would work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.