Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I thought it was about time I introduced myself to the site in the proper manner :)

My name is Georgie and I ordered my Black Acenta 1.5 on the 27th December. It was a pure case of saw it, wanted it, got it! As soon as I saw the first advert I knew it was the car for me!

I finally picked her up on the 23rd March 2011 and don't think I have stopped smiling since!

We have had a bit of a bumpy start, I drove to Scotland for a holiday 4 weeks after collection, which was amazing! But on the last day of driving round tiny twisty lanes all week, we had parked up in a pub car park.......we were sat not far from Daisy looking at her in all her glory when BANG this lovely old lady in the only other car in the carparkhad reversed into my baby - ripping a big hole in her bumper and smashing up the headlight - gutted does not cover it and still makes me wince thinking about it, but as I have heard many a time since "at least nobody was hurt...."

She isfinally all sorted,although I am stillnot convincedthe bumper is a perfect match but maybe thats just me being picky lol

I am really looking forward to the next meet if there is going to be one and am a very good advocate of the flash (lights lol) and wave of other Jukies!

Look forward to getting to know you all!

Iam still trying to work out how to upload pics.....?! I am not the best with technology so bare with me:) x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
hio and welcome to the forum, re bumper match you will see fi you look around at any Nissan the bumpers never match the rest of the car perfectly

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey
Thanks for the welcomes :) and also the info on the bumper, I am sure it notices more as I know its changed lol x

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol Skyway she is already covered in bubble wrap, would it be OTT to wrap in her in cotton wool as well?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sorry to hear about Daisy-Doo. Lesson learned I hope, steer clear of little old ladies, especially those that drive old Moggie 1000s, one such person put a scrape on my Zafira, only last week, but soon I will bechanging it formy new Juke Motability replacment.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And to add insult to injury Geoff_juke she was driving a MINI lol I have had a lot of ribbing for that!

Bet you can't wait for yours! What colour etc?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hi Georgie,
Force Red Acenta 1.6 Premium. The missus won't let me have the Turbo, but it's her Motabilty car, so I should be thankful she likes the Juke! Pity she can't drive it, but that means in reality, it will be my baby!

It's like waiting for Christmas, but when you get to my age, time don't go slow anymore. I'll pop some photos of it when we get it. By the way, Geoff Duke was a well known Motorcycle rider, who went to the same school as I did, but was a few years older than me. When he left school he helped in a Motorcycle repair shop in Southport and later after winning the Isle Of Man TT several times, bought the buisness. Unfortunately, Geoff was killed during, I think the (1960 TT) and I remember we were all gutted at the time. He was a really nice guy and was well liked by everyone.
So I thought I would use his name in memory of him but Duke spelt with a 'J', as in Juke.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Geoff_Juke I haven't heard of him but will go and google him now as I am intrigued!! I look forward to seeing pics! Still trying to figure outhow to get mine on here...?!

Why hello there Juke of York lol

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
welcome,georgie,just a watch your spelling on here as some people,[not me i am too much of a gent],but there are people who would love to bare with you...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts