Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come across this on ebay and was wondering if id be able to fit this to my Awd Juke when it arrives.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190502193261

I have pm'd John @ holdcrofts and he's been in touch with NissanGB and its not available in the UK. BIG THANKS FOR HIS CONTINUED GREAT SERVICE!!
So if I do want it then the ebay route may be the way to get it.

Before I do buy it though, I was wondering if as the Awd Juke is built in Japan what are the chances there being an electrical connection above the roof lining?

I can see there not being a connection in the uk made 2wd models, if they don't supply this part in the uk what would the point be of having the wire there, but as the Awd juke is produced in Japan and shipped to different countries then possibly the connection may be there?

I have contacted the ebay seller and they say theirUSA cars are already pre-wired for this mirror.

Anyone had any reason to look above the roof lining yet? any info or help if the wires are there on aUK model Awd would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I reckon you'll only need a 12v supply which you could piggy back off what's already up there, can't see it drawing alot.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I would hazard a guess that the wires are very likely to already exist somewhere in the car as these days manufacturers do as much as they can to minimise costs and making only one loom would help.Also I am no tecno head but my understanding is all modern car electrics run thru a BCM unit which means its more electronic than cables and as such its likely that if you fit it it will require some sort of dealer contact to enable the said feature like I say this is an opinion I would say that Juke of earl would be you best contact for advice as he is a tec at a dealer and maybe able to answer the question with some certainty

·
Registered
29 Posts
I haven't looked, but my tekna has a wire going into the mirror, presumably for the auto lights and rain sensor. and this is UK built manual.

if this mirror only needs power then it may be there.

·
Registered
659 Posts
It dims a bit sometimes. And it costs HOW much?!!

All the official Juke extras are mega-expensive. I wouldn't dream of customising a car. Even the mats weren't worth it and I now regret getting them and the mudguards and the boot liner.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It works fine with the UK Juke. It's a standard Gentex mirror with homelink and compass, no Juke comes pre wired and its just a 12v feed from the fuse box and a ground.The same mirror (without homelink) was standard in the first Pathfinders in 2005.

Just had a call to say my Juke arrived at the dealer today

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
sdevlin said:
Just had a call to say my Juke arrived at the dealer today
Good to Hear

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a PDF of the instructions Nissan uses to install the mirror. PM me ur email if you want a copy
Its the US version but I cant see there being much difference besides the obvious!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah all the instructions are on Nissan US technical site, all makes interesting reading whilst waiting for your Juke to arrive!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool guys n gals all sounding good to me! Got a friend visiting the states so I'll see if she fancies bringing it back for me!
I guess it is pricey for what it is but I was impressed with the one in my dads discovery!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the auto-dimming mirror installed mainly for the homelink buttons to open my neighborhood gates and garage doors...the auto-dimming feature works and is pretty cool...no glare in my eyes from the headlights behind me...and the compass is just a nice gimmick feature...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's interesting to hear LJ, getting the Awd then it'll have the privacy glass so maybe I won't need the dimming mirror as you say! Maybe the money will be better spent on other goodies/toys for the juke

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
No problem........ Just thought I would advise, my husband had an Audi with privacy glass and an auto dimming mirror.
At night you could not see behind you!

Lj

·
Registered
28 Posts
has anyone fitted one of these mirrors to a Tekna model
A friend purchased one from America, wiring's no problem but the problem is that the Tekna has a plastic cover (presumably it covers the auto lights and wiper sensor) that the mirror is attached to and the auto dimming mirror has a different fitting.Any help or advice much appreciated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts