Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a truck LED marker light self adhesive (they come in pairs and the other went as an extra boot light) to mount above edge of rear seat, this gives good illumination for the rear and helps in the front.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Remove front light cover and unclip it from the roof, clip pulls back on right. Connector unclips, mind the Mic while you are working if fitted.
You will need the lid off a 25mm plastic trunking smooth the end down so it will not snag the fabric. Now before you do anything else feed the trunking in pushing back to your chosen position. Feed you trunking through front light pushing it to the rear keeping it central. You will encounter a rib in the roof above the drivers head. You need a little bend in the trunking shown below, this pushes it down and under. A little wiggling and perhaps extra bend and it goes under, next there is a felt pad in the middle of the roof, little bit of force and it goes through.
This is your trial run it clears the way. Now put a V notch in it as below, leave some strength in the edges you don’t want it acting as a plough! ( I used just a hole but it was fiddly finding where it was the V will allow you to locate the screwdriver blade positivly)
Run some string through this and the length of the lid. This needs to be a little longer than where you are going to mount the light to the front light.

Interior light fed off main light. You can connect to the +ve yellow wire and –ve this lights with doors open.

Or tap in to the centre light. This will give operation with interior light switch as well.

I found a simple connector strip easiest connector to use working in the light area.
Solder on to the rails in the narrow area, avoid melting the plastic. Hot melt glue holds it on.
With your LED light extend the wires long enough to reach the front and terminate easily. I used single thin wire soldered and shrink wrapped. Keep it thin it has to feed through the roof lining. Push a small screwdriver or similar through the roof lining where you want the light, <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">keep it in the middle there are air bag canisters near the rear boot hinges. Leave it pushed in the roof.[/I]<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">[/B]
Put a marker on your trunking from screwdriver to front light, this will show how far you have pushed the trunking in and allow you to find the screwdriver blade. Now feed you trunking through front light pushing it to the rear keeping it central. You will encounter a rib in the roof above the drivers head. You need a little bend in the trunking shown here. A little wiggling and it goes under, next there is a felt pad in the middle of the roof, little bit of force and it goes through.

Now wiggle the trunking around until you see the screwdriver move. Hold the screwdriver and push the trunking up to it until you feel them make positive contact, this is where the V notch helps. When you are satisfied the trunking is in contact with the screwdriver, remove it and cut a small slot (make sure it is covered by your light). Now with thin pliers, hook or whatever pull your string through.
Attach your LED wires to the string firmly, tape etc you don’t want them falling off halfway through the roof. Ease your trunking and string back out of the front pulling the wires through. The trunking helps clear the way if you were thinking of just using the string.
You can now connect either scotch locks to the +ve yellow –ve brown this gives light on with doors. Or for full control connect to the centre lamp note +ve and –ve way round.
Connect and test, all ok tuck the wires up in the roof and replace front lamp and new rear covering up your hole in the process!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi PhilAs the self proclaimed LED KING and your wizardry with wiring etc I was wondering if you can tell me where the FLASHER RELAY UNIT is situated in the Juke. My intention is to replace it with a LED FLASHER UNIT so I can install LED bulbs i.e indicator ones so it doesnt hyper flash. Your help would be appreciated.Apparently its a plug n play type thing.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will find it in the fuse box by the drivers door, if you put the indicators on you will hear it clicking away. The fuse cover pops off and its on the side of the dash. An alternative would be to fit a load resistor across the indicators around 6 ohm 50w. they will work with 25w resistor but they will get hot! The resistor goes across the two wires feeding the indicator, one for the left side and one for the right, fitted either back or front.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Phil thanks for your advice. Yes I have read that the load resistors will work and they do get too hot. I dont really want to risk something else catching on fire or melting. Anyway having a flasher unit alleviates the need to buy four separate resistors and working on them individually and its cheaper.One question though,is the current flasher unit coloured black or red and is it east to spot? I am assuming this is a 3 pin one.Thanks again.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On checking the fuse box is on the passenger side door, but I can hear the relay near the steering wheel, so will need to investigate further. If you go down the resistor route you only need one each side ie left and one right you dont need one on each indicator light.

·
Registered
140 Posts
philthunder said:
If you go down the resistor route you only need one each side ie left and one right you dont need one on each indicator light.
Thanks, sorry to harp on about this subject but 2 final questions:a) If I go down the resistor route can I place the resisitors on the front as opposed to the rear indicators?b) With regards to brake lights do I need resistors for these without a warning light going off?thanks again

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ask away no problem. The resistor can be front or back, just one for the left and one for the right, the brake light does not need one. The flasher needs one because you are putting a much lower load on it, so the flasher will not work at the same rate, thats why it flashes quicker when one of the bulbs blows.

·
Registered
26 Posts
done this today,the extra light is handy with kids in back who drop things now and again ds pens sweets etc,and really good now dark very early,will not bother with footwell lights.followed guide took no time at all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts