Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While i wait for till i can order the juke what would happen if the intelli key was lost or stolen is there a way to over ride in order to drive the car

·
Registered
659 Posts
Well, you do have a spare so you are unlikely to lose both!

I always keep mine on me and well away from the front door. Just in case of one of those horrid car-jackings. But if a thief is determined then they will have your car.

The Intelli-key is great. You just have to have it. Not press it or anything. So you don't have to flash it about or fiddle with it. It could be down your pants!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'm looking forward to it. If I had by juke today I would not of got soaked while I was fumbling for my keys in the rain, i could of just pressed the door and I'd be in whoop whoop

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but what would happen though if i was idiot enough to not have both and only a normal key is there any way to still drive it?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Well, if you lost 2 conventional keys you would also be stuffed. You'd have to ask Nissan for help, I expect.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok just thinking about possibilities that i lose the fob bit of the key. just think its a bit weird that theres a key lock on the drivers door but no way around to drive the car if you just had a normal old fashion styled key only

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm looking forward to using the keyless when I get mine. Main reason I went for the tekna. How does it function, has anyone had any problems with it? Does the car auto lock or do you have to push the button on the handle to lock the car?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Actually it's just telepathic. It knows when you walk away. It feels the pain of your absence and it won't open up for anyone else.

Well, maybe that's just mine. But so true...

·
Registered
540 Posts
So what happens when you park the car on the drive, which just so happens to come right up to our window and we keep the car tight into the house to help keep the frost off - will the 3 metres away from the car mean we have to keep the keys in the kitchen till we need to use the car?That would be a bit much. I usually keep mine in my jacket next to the front door which would be within 3 metres of the car. Mmm... I suppose I'll just have to train myself to walk to the kitchen when I get in so that I can put my mind at rest that the car is locked up and safe for the night - bummer!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
No, when you get out and walk away the mirrors will fold in and you'll know it's locked. For extra peace of mind use the key fob and press lock. You don't need to though.

Mind you, even though I live on a gated development I am careful and don't leave the fob near the front door.

Tell you what is funny. When you are outside and the car picks up your 'phone calls and you are standing on the drive chatting! Not even in the car and the car overrides your 'phone!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I got dropped off in town by my hubby last Sunday, he just stopped and I jumped out, only when he yelled me I realised that I had the key in my handbag and the car would not go anywhere as I had gone out of range, so funny, he did not think so...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hahaha Kats. That's terrible. Just told the mrs the story
And now she wants to try it when we get ours lol.
Told her she could just Not while in town!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts